New member, new project!

still_bluenoser

Hello everyone,

I just picked up this 2003 FZ1 project bike.

fz1secondpic.jpg

fz1firstpic.jpg

As you can see I'm in need of parts... (posted in the wanted section) The PO gathered up some of the needed parts, muffler, handle bars, levers, tank. It also came with a full GIVI side bags and trunk setup!

The newest bike I've owned is and 82 Katana that I'm building, so this will be quite a change for me I think!!

:welcome: Project for sure! This will be an interesting build so I'm subscribed. I'm sure the Gen I owners can and will help you out along the way. How well does she run?

How well does she run?

Dunno... Hasn't been on the road since 03, the PO claims to have started it every year, but it has no battery in it.

I spun it over for a compression check last night, compression is good, I really need a new battery though, I didn't have one in the shed that would handle this big girl!

Dunno... Hasn't been on the road since 03, the PO claims to have started it every year, but it has no battery in it.

I spun it over for a compression check last night, compression is good, I really need a new battery though, I didn't have one in the shed that would handle this big girl!

Looks like '03 was a rough year for the previous owner!

Yea, I felt a little bad for the guy, bought it new, crashed it, gathered up most of the parts, and never put it on the road.

I got the impression that he was a little nervous to get back on.

My plans are to get this thing on the road in a month. I dont much care what it looks like this summer, the winter is when I paint

Time for an update. Fairing, headlight, inserts and frame all sourced. New shorty levers, Vstrom hand guards, stock exhaust, all new fluids and servicing completed. She runs great, Very smooth, brakes and power are out of this world compared to my last scoot (1981 cb750)

The list is now shorter, I still need a clutch cover, new paint, new risers, and a new frame slider for the RH side. There are other things I'm thinking of, R1 or 2ed Gen front forks, but for now i'm focused on riding :shine:

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a lot better now, has the former owner seen it lately. I bet it makes him want to cry. I also had a 79 CBX, way back in 81.

Not sure he was all that interested in getting back in the saddle to tell ya the truth.

My CBX is a restoration project right now, I still haven't heard it run, I cant wait to dive into it, the FZ1 and Katana projects have first priority at the moment.

She's come a long way! Nice work! The paint will make all the difference in the world too. So, how many miles had this bike seen before the PO wrecked her?

This was a GREAT find! :tup:

Back