New Member, New FZ1 Owner with a question

Hi

Having always owned Honda's (Hornet, CBR600F) - i have recently traded by CBR in for 2007 FZ1 in silver and dark blue (wheels and frame). I test rode the faired version but didnt really like its looks, then had a go on the naked bike and had to have one!

Anyway my question is this. My girlfriend wants to ride pillion on it but says that her arms hurt (i have a renntec grab rail) on braking and acceleration. I know some people will suggest my riding is at fault - i am working to rectify this!!

Other than my riding style, can anyone think of a solution - she wants something to lean on but i have a R+G tail tidy and am unsure as to whether a Givi rack would fit with the tail tidy? I am not too keen on putting a box on as well as it would compromise the looks!

Any solutions to improve her comfort would be much appreciated.

The best way to fix the passenger issue is to have her licensed with her own bike. Issue solved.

Welcome to the forum and please post some pictures.

On a more serious note, I have seen a kidney belt type of device that has handles fixed to it. The are position in your abdomen area. It should be easier for her to hold on comfortably.

Last edited:
Johnny - Thanks - i have tried the 'get your own' angle but it is a point blank refusal as she said she would be too scared.

I will post pictures tomorrow - its been raining all week and i have been commuting into work so my bike is a bit of a state. Cleaning it tomorrow morning though!

It serves no purpose to try to get her her own bike, if she doesn't want to that is her decision. Frankly, bikes like the FZ1 really aren't designed for much pillion use, the seat is too small and the pegs too high for anything other than casual use. There isn't a whole lot to make it more comfortable either, just a downside of sport bikes.

Thanks for all your feedback. Luckily she is only small and finds the pillion seat quite comfortable (other than arm and nech ache) but essentially i am riding on my own for the vast majortiy of the time.

I am looking at Slip ons at the minute. What are peoples opinions on Mivv Carbon GP slip ons? And is it worth investing in a power commander - does it really make that much difference??

I think the sound of the stock exhaust is pretty poor - that is probably my only complaint!

I don't know if Corbin makes the FZ1-N seats but you might be able to send them a spare rear seat and try something like this?

attachment.php

Back