New Member Need Help Please!!

I have a 2006 FZ1 Fazer with 14k miles on it and ive been having some issues and am hoping somebody can provide me with some input so I can get my bike back on the road.

When I purchased a bike it was in great condition exceptionally great condition. Always been kept in the garage and taking care of. I put roughly 3,000 miles on the bike since I've had it and just started running into issues. I went out to start the bike one morning like usual and bike started up fine and was putting my helmet on with bike in neutral at idle like usual and the only way I can explain it is it sounded like in loud clunk and the bike dropped RPM and sounded completely different before dying completely. I attempted to start the bike again and it wouldn't start without me giving it quite some throttle. Even then it would start (barley) and as soon as i let off the throttle it immediately died again. (it sounded rough) so finally the next day i went out to look at it and check all the fluids ect. and everything seemed fine. when i turned the key on it showed code 39 in the dash. i did a little digging and i found out that the code meant possibly a open circut or a bad injector. so i put the bike in diag mode to test the injectors and Bank #1= fired #2= fired #3 Did not fire and #4= fired also. So thinking it was just a bad injector i spent $150 and got a used fuel rail and four good injectors. i put the new parts in and before i put it all together i wanted to test to make sure all four injectors were firing correctly and that i hooked them up properly(i havent done injectors on a bike before hints to why i bought the whole fuel rail and injectors to possibly make things easier for myself)
and still had the same problem happening. I am at a loss! Can anyone point me into right direction on what could possibly be the issue? Thanks for taking the time to read this post and would appreciate any input given!!

I have a 2006 FZ1 Fazer with 14k miles on it and ive been having some issues and am hoping somebody can provide me with some input so I can get my bike back on the road.

When I purchased a bike it was in great condition exceptionally great condition. Always been kept in the garage and taking care of. I put roughly 3,000 miles on the bike since I've had it and just started running into issues. I went out to start the bike one morning like usual and bike started up fine and was putting my helmet on with bike in neutral at idle like usual and the only way I can explain it is it sounded like in loud clunk and the bike dropped RPM and sounded completely different before dying completely. I attempted to start the bike again and it wouldn't start without me giving it quite some throttle. Even then it would start (barley) and as soon as i let off the throttle it immediately died again. (it sounded rough) so finally the next day i went out to look at it and check all the fluids ect. and everything seemed fine. when i turned the key on it showed code 39 in the dash. i did a little digging and i found out that the code meant possibly a open circut or a bad injector. so i put the bike in diag mode to test the injectors and Bank #1= fired #2= fired #3 Did not fire and #4= fired also. So thinking it was just a bad injector i spent $150 and got a used fuel rail and four good injectors. i put the new parts in and before i put it all together i wanted to test to make sure all four injectors were firing correctly and that i hooked them up properly(i havent done injectors on a bike before hints to why i bought the whole fuel rail and injectors to possibly make things easier for myself)
and still had the same problem happening. I am at a loss! Can anyone point me into right direction on what could possibly be the issue? Thanks for taking the time to read this post and would appreciate any input given!!
Hey slim , I sure hope it's not this, but i had a bike where the timing chain jumped one tooth on the sproket. It ran just like your saying. That would be hard to believe tho, There's guys here with over 100k miles without problems. Hope you get it sorted

Check the harness for injector #3. It sounds like it has opened up somewhere and is not making a good connection at the injector or somewhere along the path back to the ECU. Could also be an ECU failure...

Although it seems unlikely the new rail has a failed #3 injector that is really the first test. Use a multimeter and measure the resistance across the 2 pins of the injector. It should be in the 10 to 20 ohm range. Definitely should not measure open circuit. If it does happen to be bad find a good one from your old set and replace it. They just pull out of the rail so is easy to do.

Back