New member checking in

Hello everyone

I new to the site but I've been lurking arround for about a month.

About myself; I'm 57 y/o and I've only been ridding since July 2006. So far I've put in 22,000 miles and I still consider myself a newbie.

I just moved up from a 2006 Ninja 650 to a 2009 blue FZ1, a bike I've been lusting at for a while and got a killer deal on.

So far, I've done the following:

Graves fender eliminator
2 Bro exhaust
Cut out the cat
Zero Gravity DB screen.
Changed to Distlled water and WW (to deal with the engine heat)

Soon to follow:

Plug the AIS
Pazzo brake and clutch levers
Motech top rack

I would like to know if anyone has installed the top rack with the Graves FE.

I'm enjoying the site, lots of good information and good people.

I hear you. Im going to be in and out of the site as I'm actually at work. 500 miles and I think this is the bike for me. Still a little bothered by the heat comming out of the left side. In Florida, that added heat is not welcome.

RE: Welcome !

Welcome spiker 47 !
I too am one of the old guys at 58 yrs. young. Enjoy the FZ1 they are sweet ! And, enjoy the forum. This place rocks !:woot:

:welcome: and congrats on the bike! Hearing about riders who are older than I and still riding gives me a lot of hope. :D

Ride safe, post often!

Welcome! You have made a great choice. FZ1 is a keeper, many have close to 100K on their gen2s and 150k on their gen1s.

As for the top rack, I extended my FE using long hex nuts from Lowes.

Here are a couple of pics:

3861915553_626157d455_b.jpg

Does that work for Gen I what is the real difference? What does the WW stand for? Sorry to hijack, welcome to the forum :)

I guess it will work for Gen I also, but I would prefer to use a 30/70 ratio of antifreeze to water instead of straight distilled water. You can read all about Water Wetter (WW) here.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Crazy Biker. That's perfect for the FE issue with a rack. Had a Givi on the 650 and even if it looked stupid, it was great to carry things instead of a backpack.

I will be posting a picture as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Back