new member and possibly owner in the UK

Hi All

Had a test ride on a FZ1N but wasnt blown away, have been riding a zx10r but body getting to old :cry:, did any of you find this but found that after a few miles it grew on you and now you love it, Also very confused over all these Mods with the airbox and butterflys etc, is this because the restrictions on US models or do all need them, I need feed back to help me make a choice before the 0% run out

Cheers Dave

Love it

I jumped into the 21st century on My 08 FZ1. Last bike was a 86 FZ600S.
The FZ1 is pretty mild mannered below 7000 rpm. Above that she goes. I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to ! For me it is a quantum leap in handling, comfort and performance. After a month of ownership I like it even more than the first day, and it was lust at first feel. As soon as I get the Givi V35's on it it will be perfect.

Hi Rembrandt

If you have a zx10 the fz may feel a bit tame. Remember though that the ZX10 is probably the baddest of the thous and not a lot matches the motor.I came from 06 R1, for the same reasons you are looking to change! Bought the faired FZ1s last year. Not disapointed either. I have upgraded the rear shock as I found the handling and ride not 'just right' for me after years of sports bikes.
The Fz is just plain bril as an allrounder/sports, but to get the best out of it a few £s makes the world of difference. The cheapest way to perk the perfromance up is a simple gearing mod, smaler front sprocket or bigger rear. The usual decat, pcIII, pipe etc can be done at a cost. Probably gives another 20bhp done right, sure others will know for sure.
Unlike the kwak the fz can be used hard on the roads without needing life assurance and gets big smiles at the same time. A very capable machine once you realsie how good it is.

Back