New Honda project another tariff beater...

jwhelan65

While hunting for a blue/black 84 Nighthawk I stumbled on the impossible to find 86 red white and blue version. Needs some work but it is pretty solid!

IMG_8805.jpg

IMG_8795.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/JCWhelan65/IMG_8799.jpg

I almost bought a black and red one when they were new. I had the opportunity to ride one and between the pronounced shaft affect and the primitive twin shocks it was like a pogo stick. I could make the rear end bounce up and down like a car with air suspention. Still the bike was as comfortable to ride as they come, and I like the looks, more so from the back and side. You are right though about the color being rare. That is only the second one of those I've seen.

I almost bought a black and red one when they were new. I had the opportunity to ride one and between the pronounced shaft affect and the primitive twin shocks it was like a pogo stick. I could make the rear end bounce up and down like a car with air suspention. Still the bike was as comfortable to ride as they come, and I like the looks, more so from the back and side. You are right though about the color being rare. That is only the second one of those I've seen.

Yes the rear suspension is really soft, after its running they will be the first upgrade.

Nice looking bike! Honda liked using the red/white/blue paint scheme in the 80's a lot. My cousin had an '84 Interceptor 500 and then an '86 Interceptor 750. Both had the red/white/blue paint scheme. Sharp looking bikes back in their days for sure.

Back