new helmet SHARK

my new full face street helmet SHARK with integrated sun visor and reflective stripe

type SHARK : Vision-r becool lumi

32902gr_zpsac6761c0.jpg

sharkhelmet_zps17ae99cc.jpg

Nice helmet! I was looking at buying the exact one because of the integrated sun visor but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Could you give us a ride review and maybe compare to some of your previous helmets? I love my bell but have a hard time getting my sun glasses to fit right while riding.

I have a scorpion EXO 500 with the built-in sun glasses thing and love it, however I am noticing now after about a year of ownership and nearly daily commuting on the bike 60+ miles that the sun-visor is starting to hang down from its perch about 1 centimeter and I have to adjust it a few times a ride back into place if I do not have it deployed.

I would be curious to know how the design on this helmet is different and what it will do in the long run.

My last 2 helments have been shark,love the looks and the fit is great for me,the only thing I find they are a little noisy,I use ear plugs so its not a big thing, but a little quieter would be nice

Nice helmet! I was looking at buying the exact one because of the integrated sun visor but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Could you give us a ride review and maybe compare to some of your previous helmets? I love my bell but have a hard time getting my sun glasses to fit right while riding.

I have a Bell too and they sell the photochromatic visor which adjust to the light conditions. It works pretty well, not as good as an internal visor but pretty close. For my head the Bell fitted awesome while all others did not really fit well or were much too loud even with earplugs.

Nice!
Isn't the integrated sunshades AWESOME!?!?!?!? I LOVE IT!!

Shark was going to be my next helmet and I was set on the Shark RSI Carbon Fiber and I held off because it does NOT have the drop down sun shade. That is how spoiled I have gotten.

I have a Bell too and they sell the photochromatic visor which adjust to the light conditions. It works pretty well, not as good as an internal visor but pretty close. For my head the Bell fitted awesome while all others did not really fit well or were much too loud even with earplugs.

I have heard good things about the photochromatic shield and will get one in the near future, just having a hard time coming to grips with the $100 price tag! I must have the same head as you, the bell fits my head the best, second place is the scorpion exo400, go figure.

I have this helmet now for two months and not yet regret having it bought..
as I'm wearing glasses it's easy to put my glasses on
The visor is great, the fact the lever is at the left is a smart choice, but it may be a bit bigger...the air flow works good. Must admit now in these cold temperatures (0-5°C) I would need to get a pinlock prepped screen or similar to avoid condensing...
The noise for urban street is pretty good and acceptable. Going faster on highway or fast road, earplugs are recommended. ( by default I wear always ear plugs). Small downside (personal preference) is that this helmet is not equipped with a DD lock but a fast secure lock...

I too had in the past a carbon BELL helmet, super light and great view due to a wide screen...but after 100km on highway it gave me a headache, so no fitt around my head.

Have so far had a couple of HJC helmets, and were good fit but the innerfitting rather quick became to soft so no longer a good fit.

I've got an AGV system helmet, most used when teaching MSF and advanced rider courses (easy to flip up and explain stuff to students) but it has an exteranl sunvizor, which is annoying as you cannot hide it when riding in the dark. But is a comfortable helmet and noise is pretty ok (similar as the Shark)

Back