New Headlights

well I installed them today, not my first choice.. but I think they will do their job.

I first wanted to install just one in the center of the fairing, under the headlights but didn't licked it.

measured the Amp draw.. it's just 2x0.7A ... almost nothing :)

double sticky tape FTW

I am glad you got them quickly!!

:needpics:

Worthless without pics haha. I am stuck at work for the next couple weeks but I will post some good ones once I get back to home.

I like the driving lights on the side like that, and I noticed you drilled out the top corner of the light and put in some small running bulbs, I think I will do that next.

and I noticed you drilled out the top corner of the light and put in some small running bulbs, I think I will do that next.

didn't drill anything, that's the stock drl's of gen1 , I just changed the bulbs with leds.. 2$ both

2x5W vs 1,5w (total)

I want to install heated grips and I try to free up a few amps

your led strips inside the headlights look much better but I'm too lazy to do that :)

Oh, that's right, well I will add them to my gen 2 then lol. The strips I actually put on the top of headlight inbetween where the fairing meets it. I tried them inside the headlight itself but I had to heat up the headlight to put the clear cover back on and when I did that the strips fell down. They fit much better along the top and you cant see the wires inside the case now. Just for a heads up if you decide to do it too.

I tried the DRls you mounted but found them too dim. Found some six eagle eye drls that are much brighter but not so finished looking. Mounted one with super velcro under the center of the fairing with a "Daylight on Light Sensor switch"

Last edited:
Back