New Headlights

Ok, bought one of those HID Projector kits off ebay just see how it would all work and look. I like the final look of the kit but the projector weighs a lot and the way it is attached to the headlight housing makes me nervous. Then when I get it all hooked up (note wiring is not complete in the picture, just testing the lights) one of the LED strips doesn't work. Beware the Ebay light scene, not that most of you didn't already know. We will see how it holds up, but I have a feeling I will be going back to the stock lights after a few rides.

*Sorry, the bike is really dirty, had to put it up in a hurry and don't dare take it out to get it washed yet.

Ok, bought one of those HID Projector kits off ebay just see how it would all work and look. I like the final look of the kit but the projector weighs a lot and the way it is attached to the headlight housing makes me nervous. Then when I get it all hooked up (note wiring is not complete in the picture, just testing the lights) one of the LED strips doesn't work. Beware the Ebay light scene, not that most of you didn't already know. We will see how it holds up, but I have a feeling I will be going back to the stock lights after a few rides.

*Sorry, the bike is really dirty, had to put it up in a hurry and don't dare take it out to get it washed yet.

Its hit or miss some times. Just make sure to always check to see if things work before feedback is left. Once feedback is left, you can no longer file a claim with ebay or paypal.

Yeah, I don't think one messed up LED strip is worth filing a claim. The overall look of them is great. Just not sure I would do it all over again. Helluva lot brighter than stock though.

I think that they will look great in the end, but I will have to order some more to replace the broken one. Just the LED strips are pretty cheap off of Ebay, the good thing about the HID Projector kit is that it only uses one of the headlight plugs to power both of the headlights (you have to run an external power wire from the battery) so I can use the power coming off the other headlight plug to power the LEDs and not have to molest my stock harness at all.

The problem is that the stuff off of ebay is cheap stuff from China that doesn't last. That is why when I do retrofits, I use parts from a supplier in the US, and they are backed by a 5 year warranty. May cost a little more, but will be quality parts that are actually backed up with a warranty in case something doesn't work right. Let me know if you need help with parts, I will help you out.

I actually do need somewhere to get new LED strips. I contacted the seller about the broken one and told me he would replace it but charge me $20 in shipping. I could buy a set off eBay for 4.95 with free shipping so I told him no thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I actually do need somewhere to get new LED strips. I contacted the seller about the broken one and told me he would replace it but charge me $20 in shipping. I could buy a set off eBay for 4.95 with free shipping so I told him no thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Well, the LED strips that I get are $20 for 2 11" strips. I have pictures if you would like to see what they look like.

img0061dj.jpg

12685_444920182232305_250460358_n.jpg

533508_444920208898969_1339239517_n.jpg

Thank you. How do your projectors attach to the headlight housing? The ones that came for my bike fit in there ok but are so heavy I have a feeling they are going to end up snapping the inside chrome part when I come down hard from a wheelie or something.

I had the same thought for mine. Popped the front a couple of times but no hard landings. Hit some nasty potholes too but no problems so far.

Thank you. How do your projectors attach to the headlight housing? The ones that came for my bike fit in there ok but are so heavy I have a feeling they are going to end up snapping the inside chrome part when I come down hard from a wheelie or something.

The projectors that I normally use feature a threaded shaft on the back of the projector reflector with a 27mm locking nut. They are very stabled after being cranked down. There is a silicone washer that goes between the projector and reflector to help isolate also.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

Those should look pretty good, I am curious how you are going to place those on there. I never finished my headlight wiring before I had to come to work but everything is installed ready to go. Show us some pictures when you are done!

Back