new guest

hi all like to introduce myself name is ricky from surrey in the uk I am just finishing off riding my big bang r1 and feel its now time to sit up a little so am just ordering the 2014 model fz1 with hell of a lot of extras and getting pretty excited about the new machine ...is there any great tips I need to know and are there specific fz1 meets ,,,,will appreciate any recommendations on any thing to do with my new time...the rikster :bs:

Welcome

My advice is to get to know your new machine as it is before spending money on it, aside from what you have already to get it. Find out what you like about the bike personally and what you think could be better. Each riders needs and expectations are different and that will determine (for you) what you may want to "improve", if anything. The FZ is a great machine "out of the box" and more machine than most riders will ever need on the street.

Let us know what your initial impressions of your new bike are and be sure to post up a picture of your shiny new ride. :sport12:

:welcome: The FZ1 isn't too bad out of the box, especially for a bike that was 'new' in 2006. It is showing some age in some ways, but it still goes well (not R1 well, but good enough for me).

There's a very long list of mods that can be done, but OldSchool has some very sound advise. Ride it stock for a bit before jumping into a bunch of mods. Pictures are a must! Good luck and congrats on the new bike!

I agree with the guy's,try it stock first to see what you would change.. Personal preferance changes from rider to rider.It's no R1 but with the right mods it can be amped up pretty good.

Back