New GSX-R 600 L1

Rusty

Just thought I'd post up a couple of pictures of the new toy that's replaced the FZ1. It's a fantastic bike, feels like it weighs almost nothing and for a 600 has a decent midrange :tup:

really very nice!
Is it the fork the Big Piston?I don't remember if suzuki use it on the 750 and 600 to..
And what's about the new brembo calipers?Are really so better than the old set?

Nice bike, I hope you like it.

Question: For people that have these sportier bikes, how long can you ride them without dying to get off and take a break? I have read that the Hyabusa is ok for touring but they look like they would be too uncomfortable after very long.

Nice bike, I hope you like it.

Question: For people that have these sportier bikes, how long can you ride them without dying to get off and take a break? I have read that the Hyabusa is ok for touring but they look like they would be too uncomfortable after very long.

I've had lots of sport / crotch rocket bikes in the past and as much as I loved them all, I'm not as young as I used to be ( obviously ) and I can only go 1/2 hour maybe an hour tops and my wrists are just killing me. The shoulder blades get bad too, but mostly it's my wrists. Probably alot varies with each individual as far as what gets sore when. I raced alot of MX when I was younger and have busted myself up a few times so that probably doesn't help any either.
I do know that the more aggressively you ride ( I'm usually okay for track days ), the less sore you get - at least for me just sitting there cruising around is what gets me stiff/sore. If you can ride and move around alot on the bike it helped me alot, but to ride that way on the street I was usually breaking some laws.

Riding position / comfort is probably the biggest reason I ended up with my FZ1, it's more " standard " I guess.

Last edited:
I've had lots of sport / crotch rocket bikes in the past and as much as I loved them all, I'm not as young as I used to be ( obviously ) and I can only go 1/2 hour maybe an hour tops and my wrists are just killing me. The shoulder blades get bad too, but mostly it's my wrists. Probably alot varies with each individual as far as what gets sore when. I raced alot of MX when I was younger and have busted myself up a few times so that probably doesn't help any either.
I do know that the more aggressively you ride ( I'm usually okay for track days ), the less sore you get - at least for me just sitting there cruising around is what gets me stiff/sore. If you can ride and move around alot on the bike it helped me alot, but to ride that way on the street I was usually breaking some laws.

Riding position / comfort is probably the biggest reason I ended up with my FZ1, it's more " standard " I guess.

+1

I have had a fair few Gixxers over the years and my back and neck started to get sore after any more than an hour on the bike.
If I was 5-10 years younger I'd still be riding one, to be quite honest.
I even fit heli-bars to my last bike, a K6 Gixxer thou, but that only extended my comfort a little bit longer.
I'm loving the upright position of My FZ1N.

Cheers guys, it's fair to say that I'm over the moon with the new machine.
It's an ex-demo bike so it had about 200 miles on the clock when I bought it but due to being about 3 months old they did the first service for me.

The day after I picked it up, I was up at Silverstone for a track day with some friends and the bike was outstanding! It's such a light and nimble bike that it was a dream to ride on track. By the end of the day, I was almost as fast as I was on my '08 R1 :eek5:

The bike has the big piston forks fitted which work beautifully, I took the bike to a friend of mine who's an ex British Supersport racer to have the suspension set up and he was very impressed with the quality of the suspension as standard stating that it's a better set up than the ZX-6R with similar forks.

The brakes are mono block Brembo units which do have fantastic stopping power and great feel to boot. One small issue with them is that they have a rather soft feel to the lever which seems to be the case on the 600 and 750's with the same set up. I've got some braided lines on the way to fix this problem!

As for the white wheels, they look good but they are a real hassle to keep clean. This will probably be a real problem throughout the winter so I may look at getting them powder coated a different colour.

As for the white wheels, they look good but they are a real hassle to keep clean. This will probably be a real problem throughout the winter so I may look at getting them powder coated a different colour.

I have had white wheels before on my Gixxer 600 and a rag with some WD-40 removes all the junk off white rims really fast and easy.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new toy, i have read good things about this new gixxer 600. Question, why 600 and not 750 when the $$$ is very similar?.

Not in the UK, it's about £1200 difference between the 600 and 750. On top of that, 750 demonstrators are hard to find and aren't usually discounted much form what I've seen.

Yea, I had asked about that too because here in the US the 750 is a no brainer over the 600. Similar weight with more power for only $400 more. I can't imagine Suzuki will sell too many 600s here...

Congrats on the sweet ride and that is my favorite Gixxer color scheme enjoy the heck out of it. Keep us abreast of your long term thoughts....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back