New FZ1 Owner!!

Rcslawncare

Had her for two months now, just about to turn 4k. Got a good deal from the local dealer as a 09 leftover. They threw in the full fairings, graves bar ends and pipe also. I'v wanted this bike since it came out in 06!!!! Heres some pics of her!!

Had her for two months now, just about to turn 4k. Got a good deal from the local dealer as a 09 leftover. They threw in the full fairings, graves bar ends and pipe also. I'v wanted this bike since it came out in 06!!!! Heres some pics of her!!

Very nice. Love that blue. I know someone here who will tell you that is the fastest color there is. ;)

Very smart move getting the color that is OBVIOUSLY the fastest on the market. :tup: :)stirpot: @ Brad... :D )

Congrats and welcome! We've got lots of answers for all your questions.

Welcome and nice bike!! Dealer, threw in fairings and GYTR slip-on, wow! Every now and then I consider fairings. However, at $700 and my resistents to expensive plastic I never pull the trigger. However, if offered at a low enough price, I'd get them. They look great!

I got it for 9500 otd with the 4 year extended warranty. So I have 5 good years ahead of me with projected mileage in the 20k year region... So far I have loved the bike. The only complaint is the first gear bang but from what I read on here, its no big deal. The tranny is still smoother than my buell, bit that's an HD for you! One question, not to start an oil debate, but the rotella t6 is the good stuff for this bike or is there a better oil for the shifting and overall performance. Thanks for the replys and welcomes!!

Just got the oil and filter for it. Went with the purolator and the Rotella T6, hopefully that will be good and I will stick to that. I liked the price, just not sure on the weight if it will be good for all season riding since I ride till its snowing...

Very smart move getting the color that is OBVIOUSLY the fastest on the market. :tup: :)stirpot: @ Brad... :D )

Congrats and welcome! We've got lots of answers for all your questions.

I'm glad I didn't get that 06 in red I was thinking of. I ended up with a Cobalt Blue 07. Nice to know I got the fastest color too, just with gold forks instead of black :)

Congrats. I just got mine 10/01/10. Of course, mine was used, but only had about 1600 miles on it, and it now has 3000 even. I had looked at a new leftover 09 with fairing and aftermarket pipe, but the price on the used one hit my wallet much better. I hope to ride it for a few years and maybe trade it in on a Gen III :)

Enjoy it. I still find it hard to stay out of the triple digits. It's just so smooth and really wants to run. I'd love to try one with the full fairing, but my legs have never gotten cold without it, just my hands.

Very nice, yea, I didn't want to go new, but there isn't a better feeling knowing how it was maintained. Just did a 400 mile trip from champaign to Indy last Wednesday. Went to a couple of cycle shops with a friend and spent the ridiculous nice weather out riding!! Did you paint your wheels or did the come factory black? Im going to have mine powder coated this winter as I do not like the olive green look to them....

Appreciate it everyone, just did the GP mod for the GYTR pipe. Love the look of the shortys and knew Id have the bike forever, so said what the heck. It sounds so much deeper and has a tone all to its own now. And it lets you see some more of the arch in the swing arm which looks killer. Next is the fender eliminator and flush mounts all the way around. Then some more performance mods...

WOW! That shorty GP mod looks AWESOME! Nice work!! :tup: I wish we did not have a noise ordinance here. I'd GP my Two Bros without hesitation!

Appreciate it everyone, just did the GP mod for the GYTR pipe. Love the look of the shortys and knew Id have the bike forever, so said what the heck. It sounds so much deeper and has a tone all to its own now. And it lets you see some more of the arch in the swing arm which looks killer. Next is the fender eliminator and flush mounts all the way around. Then some more performance mods...

Looks great! I know what you mean about showing off the swingarm. Keep the pictures coming.

Very nice, yea, I didn't want to go new, but there isn't a better feeling knowing how it was maintained. Just did a 400 mile trip from champaign to Indy last Wednesday. Went to a couple of cycle shops with a friend and spent the ridiculous nice weather out riding!! Did you paint your wheels or did the come factory black? Im going to have mine powder coated this winter as I do not like the olive green look to them....

Mine's a 2007 and the wheels came black. I think I almost bought your bike, but I found the '07 at the Bloomington Sportland. The price was a fair amount less (I really wanted new, but the price difference was just too much for me at the time). I still think you got a great deal, and I'm still a bit jealous. I have pictures of that bike on my phone, before they changed the pipe. I'll post them soon.

Very small mods I've done that I'd recommend are Fire Dragon Brother's levers and get some sliders. I'd hate to see scratches on that lower fairing! Mine came with a Corbin seat, and I couldn't be happier with it. It feels a bit hard when you first set on it, but I've ridden for hours at a time with out any complaints from my rear. I don't know if I would have spent the money for a Corbin seat, but since it came with the bike, I can't imagine not having it now.

Looks like Sportland still has the 2005 Yamaha 2005 FZ1 but moved it to Bloomington. I may have to test ride it sometime, just to compare Gen I with Gen II. I've never been on a Gen I. I was on a Gen II 2006 red one in Effingham that had been lowered.

Anyway, nice shorty pipe. I'd love to hear it. Maybe when the weather warms again. Man, this will be the longest winter ever. :(

Thanks guys, it sure will. I ride till it snows though, the plow it! haha. commute to parkland 4 days a week for a 45 mile round trip, so it saves the money and literately pays for itself compared to the fuel in the truck. This bike sat the last on the row to Sam's little office. you could see it from the front door and I always sat on it every time I went in there. That day I had no intention of getting a bike, but it just kind of happened! Couldn't be happier, seems like a commuting rocket!

So I'v been thinking about the suspension as I feel it dips more into stopping that I think it should. Im a big boy, 285 lbs and didn't know what's the best thing to do as far as adjusting the stock suspension to my weight... or do I have to go aftermarket and wait.. Thanks for any help!!

Back