New FZ1 owner

Afternoon chaps. Picked up a FZ1-S that I won on eBay a few weeks ago as my new road/commuter/touring bike. Its a 2007 model with full fairings and panniers in a rather nice shade of blue. Still not ridden her in anger due to being away with work for a few weeks but she is now insured and as soon as she registers on the ASKMID database or Wednesday comes around I will have it on the road (needs Tax). My other bikes include a 2006 R1 which has been my all rounder for the last 2 years and a VFR400 NC30 which is my track toy. The NC30 is going to be sold and the R1 will be the new track/weekend machine. The FZ1 has 34k on the clock but apart from the normal cosmetic stuff looks great. No doubt you will see me around here asking questions on this and that. Looking forward to getting out on it.

Gratuitous picture:

fz1sm.jpg

It needs a little bit of work such as new grips, the pillion seat needs recovered (any suggestions?) and the brakes need a complete overhaul (I'll do that this week) and I'm going to invest in a touring screen and then go from there.

Pics of the other bikes:

R1 -
61788395.jpg

24K on the clock and has been my sturdy tourer for the last few years. I've done the Alps and Spain on it. Its insanity on 2 wheels but just too mental for the roads. Looking forward to using it on the track.

NC30 -
nc30.jpg

Picked this up a few years ago as a non runner. Its been a great introduction to track days for me and I've learnt loads on it. Its put a lot of bigger bikes to shame on the corners. runs out of puff on the straights though.

very nice!!! welcome to the fz1 club. So obviously the R1 is faster than the fz1, but I wondered how closely the fz1 matches the R6. I'd assume the R6 is still quicker due to the transmission, gearing and weight to HP ratio..Is that somewhat correct? What are your guys opinions? THanks!!

Hello mate

I have just joined after picking up my FZ1 Fazer the weekend, I dont think I live too far away from you. I am in Birmingham :)

Hi welcome both to the forum and congrats on both your new acquisitions.
@ Ruttager, undoubtedly the R6 is a blast, you'll find more comfortable riding fun in the twisties with the FZ1 (at least my experience comparing a GSXR with my FZ1 in the twisties)
Nice looking R6 and NC30....I reckon you'll have loads of fun putting the R6 on the track and then you'll have enough puf

Cheers all.

Had a few issues with the FZ. She idles high and the adjuster doesn't work and she fuels badly at 3-4k which is annoying but other than that great fun.

Back