new fz owner

hi guys, I just bought an fz1 @ a steal. paid 2000.00 for an 07 w a ton of mods. and the ex owner sent me to this site, said yall were a bunch of really nice guys. cheers

yeah the guy was selling it cuz and I quote "I dont want to ride a bike a bunch of douche bags ride". Im not sure what that means but, he was in the process of buying a new R1. used my cash as part of his down payment. He had good things to say aboout a majority of the people here. I figured he was just mad or something. its a real bad ass bike. He said he had done most of the mods himself. it has a two brothers exhaust, pc3 and some other stuff but I was drooling to ride that bike.:woot:

yeah the guy was selling it cuz and I quote "I dont want to ride a bike a bunch of douche bags ride". Im not sure what that means but, he was in the process of buying a new R1. used my cash as part of his down payment. He had good things to say aboout a majority of the people here. I figured he was just mad or something. its a real bad ass bike. He said he had done most of the mods himself. it has a two brothers exhaust, pc3 and some other stuff but I was drooling to ride that bike.:woot:

Boy! I guess his "loss" is your "gain". What color is the bike? Red?

I wouldn't want our new member to have his first official thread broiled in a web of controversy. I'm just glad as heck that he got an awesome buy on his new ride. It's probably got to be THE BEST bargain I've seen on this board period.

thanks for all the welcomes guys. Im super excited I rode this beast last nite and to work this morning. what a sweet bike. Im not sure what controversy your speaking of. but Im going riding with the guy who sold me the bike this weekend, weather permitting. maybe he can enlighten me further to his disgruntledness, lol!!

Boy! I guess his "loss" is your "gain". What color is the bike? Red?

If it's factory paint, the '07 only came in black (with red stripe) and the faster Cobalt Blue. :) :starwars:

I don't get who it is either, but very nice buy. $2000 for an '07 is awesome (assuming no crashes and everything works and all). Congrats :cheers:

hi guys, I just bought an fz1 @ a steal. paid 2000.00 for an 07 w a ton of mods. and the ex owner sent me to this site, said yall were a bunch of really nice guys. cheers

Welcome aboard! So you are in the San Antonio area? Lots of us in Texas. Keep an eye out for some hill country rides. :)

well, it was a short run. I guess I shouldve started on a smaller bike. It was a little wet the other morning and I rode to work. I went around ta corner and twisted the throttle and the back end sketched out on me and I dropped the bike. thank God for frame sliders. The ambulance that responded was being operated by a rider, Stormsmack, he sold me the bike too. on the way to the hospital we had time to talk and thats when I came clean about me never riding before. He was kinda pissed that I lied to him. funny thing was, he insisted that I sell the bike back to him and told me he would help me find a smaller bike. I have my eye on a cbr600f4i. he hadnt taken the bike off his insurance yet so he'll get it fixed. guess I shouldve listen to my friends.
well, I have some roadrash, a sprained ankle and a nice bump on my head. I was wearing my gear, but just had jeans on. Thanks for having me on your forum. and I think yall didnt give dude a fair shake, if someone said something against my wife I wouldve defended her too. peace out.

Back