New Fizz owner from Western NC

Tachypsychia

Hey all,

3+ year rider on a 500 and just upgraded to a 2001 FZ1. Love the bike, but it needed some work until I was happy with it. Then I put it down in a turn with bad cornering skills. I read Twist of the wrist when I first started riding and guess I was a little rusty on my skills. Regardless, I need a new windshield soon, since I ride through the winter, and already the wind is freezin! I ride all around TN and VA too, but mostly around the awesome roads near my house like 321 and 221.

I know most don't like riding in da cold, but if you want a riding buddy I'm game!

you saw my broken windshield? =-( I haven't seen any other fz's on the road in boone, but yes, I have an 8am at walker so I park there. Used to park a Kawa 500 before I bought the Yamaha.

I did see the broken screen... and I was there the day you pulled up, parked, and dropped it.... but my bike is up in VA being garaged for the winter.... so you won't see it around campus until the spring.... but, if you need any help working on yours.... there isn't much I haven't done to a Gen I......

Haha, yeah I was pissed. I'm not used to the shallow lean angle. I feel like wind is going to knock it over. My Kawa leans over pretty sharp. I remember swinging my foot over and knocking into it just barely knocked it over. =-(

Good to know! I added you on FB, I couldn't throw a message there, so I just requested. Alexander Martin

:welcome: and congrats on the upgrade. You did well to get your feet wet on a used bike, not so bad when you have an off as when you have a new one that it happens to! You've read the book, now go rent to two videos and watch them. They are dry but a wealth of valuable information from the Guru himself.

Oh, and pics?!?!

I watched TOTWII on DVD today.

I was watching Aarons' videos. Seems like he's got his form down. I won't have the time to do that until it's warm enough to stick to the road. For now it's just putting around campus.

Last edited:
Back