New Custom Seat from "Dirt Road"

I received my new custom seat from Dirt Road (forum member from FZ1OA) and I've got to tell you, it is outstanding! For the quality, price and time to receive back, I don't know why anyone would choose to do anything different.

I ditched the stock seat about a month after I had it for Yamaha's gel seat (which is now for sale BTW), which was an improvement, but barely. Don't forget to cover the seat everytime you park it or you'll roast for the next hour or so in the saddle due to the gel holding so much heat. Anyway, with the amount of miles I put on the bike I needed something more substantial so I started looking for a seat that didn't cost me an arm & leg. I happened to fall upon the thread, "Taller guy's Gen 2 FZ1 comfort setup?", where dirt road posted up a few pics of his custom seats. The rest is history. I contacted Eddie and from the time I mailed him my stock seat and paypaled, I had my new seat back in less than a week.

I first ordered the "Big Guy" seat, which sits 1 3/4" higher than stock. I couldn't help but notice how big it looked on my bike, but secretly loved the feel - I just couldn't get past the need for such a plush seat for a sport bike and if I only toured with the fizz then it would have fit the bill. So I sent it back and received my new "Normal" seat from Eddie in less than 4 days. I gotta tell you, the seat is now perfect - why didn't I find this out sooner? Eddie was very gracious and easy to work with.

Sorry to keep rattling here, but when you find somebody on the forum with this kind of talent then we need to praise that individual and help get the word out to others. I highly recommend this seat to anybody. He even offered me to stop by his house and borrow one of his seats for my bike and take it for a test spin on the Dragon since he only lives 20 minutes away from Deals Gap - boy, that was tempting to say the least. Eddie, keep up the great work!

DirtRoadCustomeSeat.jpg

Do you have any better pics of the seat? What did he do to it? Also, PM me your asking price for the gel seat. ;)

Below is a link to dirt roads previous thread detailing his seat with pics:
MORE SEATS - FZ1OA Message Board

As Eddie described it to me, layers of different density memory foam is used to make his seats. I'm not sure if the stock foam is maintained at all or removed, but I do know that he uses the pan.

PM sent about my gel seat.

I also had my seat re-done by Eddie (dirt road) and I'm very happy with the results. He has a really fast turn around time, and he's a super nice guy.

I actually went to Eddies house and he let me test ride his seat for a couple days and didnt even have me pay for it until I decided if I liked it.I got the top stitch version which cost ne 120 Eddie is a super nice guy and even got his retro out to show me a secret very twisty road to the Foothills parkway.I had been on the Spencer seat for 18k miles but Eddies seat is far superior

:+1: for Eddie and the DirtRoad seat mod. Excellent customer service and superior work. I had my seats back in 6 days from when i shipped them! Eddie is a great guy to work with, highly recommended. I have had experience on both the stock and a new Corbin, my arse was killing me after a long day, and their was no way to make it through a full Tank without stopping. With Eddie's seat mod the Only reason for stopping now is for the scenery or fuel. I was a bit worried about seat height as I am only 5'6" 29" inseem but I did not loose much if any footing and it was a huge improvement from the corbin. I could not be happier! Save some money, support a fellow FZ1 rider, and get the best FZ1 seat available! Call Eddie @ tel:865-406-3224

I just received my seat from Eddie. Quick turn around, excellent workmanship, very comfortable, yet still sporty. Great deal.

Thanks for the feedback. I may have to give this a try, although I'm also thinking about the Top Sellerie seat. Neither the Sargent nor Corbin have done it for me.

My Eddie seats are excellent

I recently had my seats sent to Eddie based on the feed back hear on the forum. I ain't mad. Eddie did my seats with big boy update, red stitching and red ZZ1 embroidered on back seat. My bike is 2010 . It looks very sharp. It rides so much more comfortably 500 mile day already

Thanks for pointing me to the right guy for the right job

Eddie do you do engine updates :)

:thewave::thewave:

Back