New colour scheme [Need your feedback]

Right, The problem with these supposedly "red" parts are actually coloured in pink in real life. This rear view mirror not only was pink and I couldnt see anything out of it. Replaced it with the stock one as soon as I rode home on the day of purchase. You can also see the red hose (now gone) and pink engine oil cap. (WIP)

gc5574485182010898161-1-1_zpsc5770ca3.jpg

Red bar ends and red (faded pink) levers..

20131123_170515_zps72e609c0.jpg

And finally Rizoma handle bars and steering damper. both in pinkish colour. Now both matt blacked out.

20131123_170451_zps905be904.jpg

No "badass" factor at all, reminded me of candy land of sort.. :eyebrow:
Kudos for the hard work the previous owner put in, but didn't work for moi :)

I am partial to the Stormtrooper look (Black/White) and thus Prefer #1 since you are asking for opinions.

As to the front Fender, what if you take it off completely?

Right, The problem with these supposedly "red" parts are actually coloured in pink in real life. This rear view mirror not only was pink and I couldnt see anything out of it. Replaced it with the stock one as soon as I rode home on the day of purchase. You can also see the red hose (now gone) and pink engine oil cap. (WIP)

Red bar ends and red (faded pink) levers..

And finally Rizoma handle bars and steering damper. both in pinkish colour. Now both matt blacked out.

No "badass" factor at all, reminded me of candy land of sort.. :eyebrow:
Kudos for the hard work the previous owner put in, but didn't work for moi :)

Yeah sorry to the previous owner and I bet that wasn't cheap but I'd say you made the right call with the blackouts on this stuff.

The poor guy was trying. Spent at lot of money on it too. But ended up with a weird looking bike. Those mirrors are among the nastiest I've ever seen - even their shape.
He probably got so he couldn't stand it either - so sold it. I hope you got it for a good price.

Blacking out the headlight is not real easy to do on these. The clear lens is stuck to the chromed area with something like Cyanoacrylic? glue and does not come apart with heat.

yea.. I noticed that too. .. ..!! isn't that substance "super glue"? I know acetone will get them apart but it will also melt the plastic! I will need to look closely and figure out a way to take them apart and glue them back together. Worst cast scenario, I might mix a tiny bit of black into clear coat then spray the whole headlight, so it has this tinted look. I will let you know how I get on with the headlight.

Last edited:
Back