New colour scheme [Need your feedback]

mrjessehlee

As some of you already might know, I'm pretty keen to get the white bodywork off of my bike. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thought I'd go with the blue & photoshoped the colour scheme.
Will darken the headlight with darker shade chrome too.

Number 1 is current state. Can't decide between 2 & 3. Any feedback from anyone would be appreciated. Cheers:woot:

whichone_zps04da6bba.jpg

Front mudguard 2 blue 3 black

I have a white one and I wouldn't change it :) but if I had to pick something else for my bike I'd go with the matte grey/black colour scheme on the 2012 FZ8 2012 Yamaha FZ8N

Agreed on the red radiator hose - lose it. Either black or maybe blue (to match) the new paint.

As for the paint, I would go with the second one (number two). Number three is starting to look too much like something Batman would ride; it's heavy on the black.

the front fender, do black sides, but thick blue stripe over the top. the r1 blue is nice. also, continue with a black stripe down the middle of the tank like you have the red on white. and you'll have to replace your red lines/tubes/wheel tape, with blue or black. personally, i go with all black

the front fender, do black sides, but thick blue stripe over the top. the r1 blue is nice. also, continue with a black stripe down the middle of the tank like you have the red on white. and you'll have to replace your red lines/tubes/wheel tape, with blue or black. personally, i go with all black

Oh, now there's a plan!

I like option 2, I think red goes better with white than blue.....

(edit, this used to say I still liked the red lines and hose, but more I look at it, I have changed my mind :) )

Another idea to confuse things, I think it would be cool to leave the tank white and do the fender and tail red? Not sure on that but would be interesting to see. I seem to be in the minority on the red hose also though, so maybe my ideas aren't so great. :)

Last edited:
I think red goes better with white than blue ...

I think it would be cool to leave the tank white and do the fender and tail red.

Agreed, and I like your idea of a white tank (his already has a red strip, I believe) with red fender and tail. But he's going for blue.

A couple of weeks ago someone was offering a similarly painted tank as a free trade to anyone that wanted it - for their tank in similar good condition - since they were planning on a color change anyway. Not sure if this was the OP or not.

yup, all the red bits will eventually all disappear.They were the previous owners proud work.
Already blacked out, red rizome handle bar, red bar ends, red clutch/brake levers, red top radiator hose that leaked, red tomok mirrors, red Hyperpro RSC steering damper.. :D

Last edited:
yup, all the red bits will eventually all disappear.They were the previous owners proud work.
Already blacked out, red rizome handle bar, red bar ends, red clutch/brake levers, red top radiator hose that leaked, red tomok mirrors, red Hyperpro RSC steering damper.. :D

I do like red and white but that sounds a bit over-done. :) All the extra red bits I mean. (would be fun to see a picture if handy?)

Last edited:
I do like red and white but that sounds a bit over-done. :) (would be fun to see a picture if handy?)

Yeah, it really was comical :) No disrespect to the previous owner, in fact he had spent shiit load of money on this. But some funky taste indeed. Stood out from the crowd in its own weird way haha

I actually do have the close up pictures,, but at home pc. Will get it uploaded tonight :D:D

Back