New Cable lube tool!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Yamaha says every 4k miles. Have you done it? Was it a pain to disassemble? Made a mess? We all have to do it. We all hate doing it. We all don't HAVE to hate it... :D

Check out this guy from the FZ6-Forum sister-site. He's made a very simple product that enables you to easily lube all three cables on the bike without hardly ANY disassembly and no mess what-so-ever. I'm loving this product already. :D Travis is an honest and sincere guy just trying to get an idea out there. It's not a lot of money and I can't say he's making a lot out of it, but I'm glad he's a forward thinker! You can buy a kit and either order his refills or you can refill the product on your own. EZ Glider Cable Lubricator | Facebook or if you don't do Facebook, check out the sister site: Revolutionary new cable lubricator - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

I do not get any kickbacks from this. I'm just a satisfied customer who is spreading the word!

Last edited:
Does the liquid ooze back out? I have such a nightmare everytime I try to lube my clutch cable. Waste a lot of silicon teflon wax, the rag gets soaked, hands get cold and I still don't see the lube from the other end on the left side. I think this product should work well since the thin tube goes right inside the cable sheath contrary to the red tube that that hardly goes in.

Does the liquid ooze back out? I have such a nightmare everytime I try to lube my clutch cable. Waste a lot of silicon teflon wax, the rag gets soaked, hands get cold and I still don't see the lube from the other end on the left side. I think this product should work well since the thin tube goes right inside the cable sheath contrary to the red tube that that hardly goes in.

The claim is there is the correct amount in the syringe and he's done it right because when I used the full syringe, I never get more than a light spot at the opposite end. :D

I wondering why a flexible needle attached to a syringe won't work the same way?

Looks like he used a butterfly vein in med terminology :D

This is essentially what he did. It was just a matter of locating one that would be sturdy enough yet still fit beside the cable into the sheath. It works great! Loving mine a lot!

I have a few syringes lying around from the flea and tick medications for our golden lab. Now just need to find a flex needle. Great home grown idea. If I didn't have the syringes already I would have gladly supported such simple inventions.

I'm not sure that they would make it through customs. It is a great idea, and I will have to see if I can source the parts at the local pharmacy.

Last edited:
Any updates from those who've gotten their kits? Have you had the chance to use them at all? Let's hear your feedback on the use of this kit please. :tup:

Any updates from those who've gotten their kits? Have you had the chance to use them at all? Let's hear your feedback on the use of this kit please. :tup:

I have had about 6 days where I froze my butt off and did not want to work out in the cold. LOL - I have had two 60 degree days since mine arrived and I went riding :)

It is a three syringe set that is used for the clutch cable and the two throttle cables. One syringe per cable and you're done!

romr, he would make a video but he's not on an FZ1 and to lube each bike is different. I actually told him I would create either a video or a pictorial of the FZ1 being lubed with his kit and post it here. I'm just waiting for weather to cooperate. ;)

BTW, we do not have brake cables. ;)

It is a three syringe set that is used for the clutch cable and the two throttle cables. One syringe per cable and you're done!

romr, he would make a video but he's not on an FZ1 and to lube each bike is different. I actually told him I would create either a video or a pictorial of the FZ1 being lubed with his kit and post it here. I'm just waiting for weather to cooperate. ;)

BTW, we do not have brake cables. ;)

That would be great! I would really appreciate it if there was a video.

That would be great! I would really appreciate it if there was a video.

Perhaps I can get out there this weekend and get this done on my wife's FZ1 since it is totally unknown when the cables were lubed on it. Since we bought it used and it was bought used from another owner, we don't know the history outside of it being VERY clean. I'll do my best to get video and/or pictures. Maybe I can splice together some GoPro HD footage. :D

Perhaps I can get out there this weekend and get this done on my wife's FZ1 since it is totally unknown when the cables were lubed on it. Since we bought it used and it was bought used from another owner, we don't know the history outside of it being VERY clean. I'll do my best to get video and/or pictures. Maybe I can splice together some GoPro HD footage. :D

Sweet!! Thank you.
How do you like your GoPro? I'm really thinking hard about grabbing one. I talked to Pyro and Hail and we are talking about riding through the Texas Hill Country this Spring. I'm trying to decide if I need one of these GoPro Cameras.

Sweet!! Thank you.
How do you like your GoPro? I'm really thinking hard about grabbing one. I talked to Pyro and Hail and we are talking about riding through the Texas Hill Country this Spring. I'm trying to decide if I need one of these GoPro Cameras.

I both love it and hate it. I love it for the quality of the footage it takes. I hate it because when I contacted support about the mounts being loose, I was told to "take up the slack with a piece or two of electical tape" and as far as I know, they are not releasing new mounts that don't rattle.

I do like that they finally updated the firmware so we can mount the camera upside down and the video comes out correctly. They also have released the new non-waterproof case for it that allows us to power the camera and mount the remote LCD screen when it is released. :tup:

Last, nothing to do with the camera, but I've determined that ALL PC/Windows based video editing sucks! Apple makes it SO DAMNED SIMPLE so why can't someone put out a program that does the same on a PC?

Regardless, I'll do my best to make something happen this weekend. I just got the new kit from Travis in the mail and I'm eager to get her cables lubed. This will also likely be the start of the MrsFZ1inNH build thread as I tear down the bike and prep for modding and paint. :D

Back