New Bike Dreams

It's an odd thing. No matter how pleased I am with my current, well-modded bike, these lecherous eyes still stray towards other finely-crafted machines. The latest distraction for me is a Ducati 1100S Monster--a purist's mountain twisty bike of little compromise. At 370 pounds dry, a Harley-like torque plateau, and sexy Italian styling, it calls loudly to me. Mmmmmmmmmm, yummy.

Nooooo, I'm not a Euro bike snob either. Unfortunately, there are American and Jap bikes calling me too. For example, when visions of Ducati Monsters aren't dancing through my mind, I see myself on a new Honda CBR1000RR (in white, thank you). Yep, it's equally light weight with almost twice the new Monster's horsepower--600 class handling with literbike power. Hubba, hubba!!! Is that a bad boy for the street or what and with Honda quality? Yowseh...

But, when the discomfort of an aging back penetrates my awareness, the Honda starts to seem a tad impractical for this old fart. So, with a faint sense of melancoly, a new Buell XB12SS Lightning, with that torquey Sportster engine, looks fairly delicious. After all, they REALLY do handle...just a tick behind the Monster. Oh well, back to reality.

As you might suspect, life for me is just an endless cycle of affairs and I'm finally compelled to admit that...I'm just a bike slut. I admit it, I've never seen a bike I didn't like. How pathetic is that? :doh2:

None of you guys suffer my malady, right? :smokin2:

Last edited:
I feel your pain. Something about bikes. I wish I could have 100 of them in my garage and switch out 10-20/month for new ones. Then I might be satisfied.

I feel your passion and lust for the "other woman" Warbaby. I look at all bikes and just want to try each of them.... for a weekend or two. How nice would it be to, as Norm said, just buy whatever, whenever and ride as you please. (I think I'd have to build my own track too with that kind of money.)

Oh, we are but 6 numbers away from turning dream to reality.

God I know how you all feel I see a bike go buy and I'm all like "damn thats sexy". My gf says I rubber neck for bikes more than I do other women ;). Except I REALLY wanna touch!

Bikes and one tons, since I have to get back into a pickup to haul/pull all of the equipment the company is getting.

I just don't think the bike will effectively pull a 30' gooseneck with bucket loader.

There was a pearl ducati, with a hottie on the back, and my wife knew that the passenger was of no interest.....well not the complete center of attention at the stop light. :gagged:

Last edited:
:( No, she doesn't let me have two bikes even THOUGH I can afford them (the FZ6R is her's, remember?) When the truck is paid off though.... It's going to be a real touring bike added to the stable. The FZ1 is here for the long run (well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) :eek: ;)

But I know I can't afford two women... :wilynily: :eek:

It's an odd thing. No matter how pleased I am with my current, well-modded bike, these lecherous eyes still stray towards other finely-crafted machines. The latest distraction for me is a Ducati 1100S Monster--a purist's mountain twisty bike of little compromise. At 370 pounds dry, a Harley-like torque plateau, and sexy Italian styling, it calls loudly to me. Mmmmmmmmmm, yummy.

Nooooo, I'm not a Euro bike snob either. Unfortunately, there are American and Jap bikes calling me too. For example, when visions of Ducati Monsters aren't dancing through my mind, I see myself on a new Honda CBR1000RR (in white, thank you). Yep, it's equally light weight with almost twice the new Monster's horsepower--600 class handling with literbike power. Hubba, hubba!!! Is that a bad boy for the street or what and with Honda quality? Yowseh...

But, when the discomfort of an aging back penetrates my awareness, the Honda starts to seem a tad impractical for this old fart. So, with a faint sense of melancoly, a new Buell XB12SS Lightning, with that torquey Sportster engine, looks fairly delicious. After all, they REALLY do handle...just a tick behind the Monster. Oh well, back to reality.

As you might suspect, life for me is just an endless cycle of affairs and I'm finally compelled to admit that...I'm just a bike slut. I admit it, I've never seen a bike I didn't like. How pathetic is that? :doh2:

None of you guys suffer my malady, right? :smokin2:

WOW!

You literally took the words right out of my mouth (but you do express yourself far better than I can on the internet) :)

Everything, except the Buell, I have to agree with you on. I started with a S2R Monster 2 years ago, and currently I have a 08 R6 and have my sights set on the FZ. But man, I can never make my mind up. Well said, broseph! :wilynily:

I know the feeling guys. If I had the extra cash I would buy a Hardly just to put in the garage and start once and awhile and tell them harley guys "Yah I got one but its just to SLOW":zzz:

WOW!

You literally took the words right out of my mouth (but you do express yourself far better than I can on the internet) :)

Everything, except the Buell, I have to agree with you on. I started with a S2R Monster 2 years ago, and currently I have a 08 R6 and have my sights set on the FZ. But man, I can never make my mind up. Well said, broseph! :wilynily:

Hence your forum nickname :eek: I guess every biker wants the next bike on his wish list already waiting in his garage when he comes back from his ride...
I can own two bikes (currently looking for a older cheap trackbike) but the cashflow is not very supportive at the time :doh2:

I'm sure most of us suffer at least a bit from the old "the grass is greener" effect. The problem is not very many bikes have the over-all balance of the FZ1: power, handling, looks, and low maintenance if you take care of it. I've had powerful bikes that didn't handle worth a hoot, handlers that had no power, and lookers that didn't have anything else. And at least one that had power and looks, not especially a good handler, but the maintenance was over-the-top expensive. I'll take the FZ1 any time. If I ever do tire of it, I'll be getting an F-16.

Back