New 2011 Fazer

I have been stalking for a while. When I first was looking at getting a bike the FZ1 was my first choice; an up-right R1?!?!? Hell yes, my 6'3" 230 frame does not bend that well any more. But I did my research and realized the FZ1 was a neutered R1. Why cant any of the manufactures build a up right bike with a engine you don't want to modify, and a decent suspension. Ducati does it.

I wound up with a 88 FZR 1000. I know an FZ1 is a hundred times the bike but for $1400 I could not turn it down (got it from the original owner).

I agree with Buildercher; a full power 07 R1 engine, radial brakes and better suspension; at that point I'm sold. Kawasaki almost did it with the Z1000/Ninja 1000 but they neutered it and gave it a mediocre suspension.

Just my .02

Michael

Last edited:
I have been stalking for a while. When I first was looking at getting a bike the FZ1 was my first choice; an up-right R1?!?!? Hell yes, my 6'3" 230 frame does not bend that well any more. But I did my research and realized the FZ1 was a neutered R1. Why cant any of the manufactures build a up right bike with a engine you don't want to modify, and a decent suspension. Ducati does it.

I wound up with a 8000 88 FZR 1000. I know an FZ1 is a hundred times the bike but for $1400 I could not turn it down (got it from the original owner).

I agree with Buildercher; a full power 07 R1 engine, radial brakes and better suspension; at that point I'm sold. Kawasaki almost did it with the Z1000/Ninja 1000 but they neutered it and gave it a mediocre suspension.

Just my .02

Michael

So stop the "stalking" and get some pics up of the new ride!:waiting:

Saw the new GT in the YSP dealer when I was in there signing up for the Yamaha Touring challenge. It had the optional ABS and looked pretty nice. Too bad about the power limiter :( Had a sold tag on it already though so it pushe the right buttons for someone.

Speaking of power limiters, when are you going to change that ECU AML?
Oh. and that touring screen looks sweet but can cause buffeting for the long bodied. If you want to try one, I've got a scratched 50,000km old one here you can try out. Let me know

All I ask is ABS Brakes for America. That's all. I'll take it on a FZ1 or I'll take it on a FZ8. Stop dragging your feet Yamaha!

Problem is they can sell these bikes here at the current MSRP so if they raise the price due to the ABS then they definitely wont sell. However, like you I would have like at least the option of getting it even for an extra $500.

Saw the new GT in the YSP dealer when I was in there signing up for the Yamaha Touring challenge. It had the optional ABS and looked pretty nice. Too bad about the power limiter :( Had a sold tag on it already though so it pushe the right buttons for someone.

Speaking of power limiters, when are you going to change that ECU AML?
Oh. and that touring screen looks sweet but can cause buffeting for the long bodied. If you want to try one, I've got a scratched 50,000km old one here you can try out. Let me know

I found out that we cant change the ECU because the keys are paired to each ECU. (for the immobilizer)

BUT i have found out that by doing the same thing they do in France, (ground the 19th wire in the ECU and set the ECU to full power) you can change a JP FZ1 to full power.

Will be trying this soon.
Already looked at the ECU button settings and it works. But wont work properly till i ground the cable.

Sooooo, if anyone wants to get that Fazer GT from Japan, it may well be possible to set it to full power by doing a free mod.

But wait till ive actually done it lol

And, i already installed that screen! love the design and color and works well. (thanks anyway!)

Last edited:
Back