New 2008 FZ1 Owner

Jboat

I just picked up my pristine stock 2008 FZ1 and I absolutely love it. I may have finally found the perfect bike, and I've owned quite a few!...

Only mods from stock are Pazzo levers, Puig screen, and Yamaha get seat. The only thing I'm going to add is a 16 tooth front sprocket. That first gear is just way too tall...

9d889975.jpg

f9d24326.jpg

Nice bike, so ride safe, especially around vineyards where folks tend to do some tasting and continue to drive as the alcohol takes effect.

does anyone want to get this quote now lol . first it is a sprocket then......... welcome to the site and very sharp bike :stunta]:

OK, OK, you got me...

I spent yesterday installing the Two Brothers carbon slip on, 16 tooth front sprocket, Speedohealer, Targa fender eliminator, OES sliders, Lar's airbox mod, and blocked the AIS...

Now I'm done with mods...:beer:

5f2b2342-1.jpg

b2992fce.jpg

Last edited:
Me, too!

Hi!

I just bought one, too. It's used, with 4050 miles on it.

I was taking my Ninja 650 in for its first service, thinking it was a nice bike, but lacked oomph. While waiting, I saw two 2008 FZ1s, grey and red. The red had farkles I liked, but grey was more my style (smoother flow to the design).

I got 'em to throw in $200 worth of the farkles when we did the final negotiation. Riding home, I had a great smile on my face... even though by then it was 45 degrees and raining!

Plans: Gold levers, shorty for the front brake; paint the silver radiator covers black, black passenger peg brackets, LED rear brake light with integrated turn signals (half & half light); remove rear signals and tail, replace with license plate bracket; add windshield, either a Rifle 22" or ZG, and, of course: Replace the huge can and EXUP with a Mivv GP unit.

Later, maybe an FCE and airbox mod.

Pix to follow.

Back