New 09 GG/Raven

Hi All,
Just thought I'd introduce my self here. I'm coming from the FZ6 sister site. Just ditched the 6 for an 09 FZ1. I've put about 600 miles on it since picking it up 3 weeks ago. I'm definitely happy with the power upgrade, but I knew I would be. I'd ridden my friend's, Suds, FZ1 a few times and finally decided it was time to pull the trigger.

Mods so far:
MIVV Suono carbon fiber slip-on
Power Commander V
K&N air filter
EvoTech fender elim
EvoTech exhaust hanger
Plugged AIS

To come:
Cut airbox
Zip open flies
T-Rex frame sliders (putting on this week)
FZ1N headlight conversion (took it off my FZ6, just need time to install)

Sorry the pics are a little blurry, I think my camera lens needs cleaning.
I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you all in the future.
Thanks.

man----did bike come like that or did you drop a whole lot of $$$$$ after the purchase?

Either way, Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome.
Yeah I dropped $ on those mods. I've had a good business year and paid myself a bonus :cloud9: I guess I'm an impulse purchase kind of person.
Not going to take the $ with me when I go!

Wow, looking good Chris. Really like that FE and hanger.
Are you going to blackout those rearsets also? That along with the naked kit will look :smokin2:

:welcome: Chris! We seem to be getting more and more of the FZ6 riders upgrading. Sweet! The bike looks awesome. Well done with the modfest. Congrats!

Ride safe and post often!

Wow, looking good Chris. Really like that FE and hanger.
Are you going to blackout those rearsets also? That along with the naked kit will look :smokin2:
Didn't really give any thought to blacking out the rearsets. Now that you've mentioned it though, I'll have to add it to my list!
Yeah I'm happy with the FE and hanger. Like I told you, it was fairly easy to do. I'm probably going to replace the plate light because the EvoTech one doesn't put out much light.

Welcome Bushboarder. Nice looking ride!!
What's the avatar? you're a helicopter fan or pilot?
I'm an avid snowboarder. I took that pic a few years ago while on a heli trip with Chugach Powder Guides (now called EpicQuest) in Alaska. The helicopter was just taking off after dropping us on a peak. Probably the most fun I've ever had :woot:

Back