need sub throttle plates

New to the forum just picked up a 07 fz1 mods. gytr muffler, exup valve delete,no cat, air box mode k&n/screen delete, pc3, no subthrottle plates would like to reinstall them to see if it would improve lower end bog a little.

I honestly could not tell a difference with the sub plates off after I installed them. Bike feel just as it did before. I think its more of a map issue with the low end bogging as I had a richer map on after removing the flies and did notice some problems. Since changing maps my low end has become more stable again.

I have the pc3 and the mods I listed before. Can someone direct me to a good map to try? And directions on how to upload them? Also noticed that o2 sensor is still plugged into the factory harness. Do I need to unplug it and purchase plug connector like I read about on here. If so where can i get one and how much?

I have the pc3 and the mods I listed before. Can someone direct me to a good map to try? And directions on how to upload them? Also noticed that o2 sensor is still plugged into the factory harness. Do I need to unplug it and purchase plug connector like I read about on here. If so where can i get one and how much?

Yes you need to disconnect the o2 sensor. Not sure where you can get the plug to overide the error light but Ivan stated it would not cause any problems. Go to the FZ1OA site and look at Dukes mappack and pick one of the maps according to the stage of mods you have. There are maps that run from lean to rich in there so something for everyone. I can send you the pack if you give me your email also.

:+2:
The unpluged O2 sensor is fine on it's own with out the plug. No codes. But if you really really want one. Dynojet has them.
Aiso, if you go on their site, they have all the info and software "how to download" and get maps.

Duken has colected all the maps that guys have sent in. He also has some PDF files that are usefull and you need to read.

Ivan also so has a map that I hear everyone that has it, raves about. You have to get that one from Ivan's Proformance. He also has smaller flys, That I hear work well too.

I took out my flys, and after working on the map. My mid range is smooth and responsive.

I have a modded set here but would expect an unmodded set back which you do not have, correct? I've looked at several parts places and the microfiche sites and it appears that Yamaha does now sell them separately from the throttle bodies.... Sucks! You can try FZ1OA with a wanted ad. I'm sure there are many sets available over there with people removing the stock ones completely or replacing them with the aftermarket ones.

Another option is to order a modded set for Home which is very inexpensive. :D

Back