need opinions

Thanks for the input. I have a buddy with an 09 that said he would swap his black forks with me if I wanted. But I'm kind of liking the gold too. I actually thought it would be harder to keep them clean being gold. But I could be wrong.

Got black wheels on mine, and they're a pain to keep clean, they show up every watermark and bit of grime!
I have to wipe them down with wd40 after washing just to make them look 1/2 decent.
The gold looks good to me, especially with the polished edges! Spend ya cash elsewhere buddy

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Got black wheels on mine, and they're a pain to keep clean, they show up every watermark and bit of grime!
I have to wipe them down with wd40 after washing just to make them look 1/2 decent.
The gold looks good to me, especially with the polished edges! Spend ya cash elsewhere buddy

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

The wife's FZ8 has black rims on it. They get dull looking but don't show near as much grime as my gold. I always end up with chain lube all over mine tho. Doesn't seem to matter what lube I use either. I also don't wash after every ride either...

I don't know how the gold forks would look on red but they look fine with a black bike and black rims...

Comparison idea for you....

Enter "red FZ1" in your search bar. You should come up with many pictures of red Fz1's basically side-by-side with both gold and black wheels. Gives a nice way to compare.

I did it. Your red is my favorite for an FZ1 and I thought maybe going to black wheels would be better, also. But after looking at the photos and hearing the cleaning troubles mentioned.. I'm thinking gold is best. That's just me.

I'd like to find a nice red like you have.

Good idea lindy. I think I'm gonna stay with the gold tho. Seems like a lot of people have red with black on all kinds of different bikes. Not too many red and gold.

Back