Need help for rear shock up grade?

“Hi Buddy769 here”
I am new to the forum; I own a Silver 2006 FZ1 with 3600 KM on it, when I picked it up on Aug/29/09, and now have 4300Km. So you can see I live in Millbrook On Canada. I just sold my 2005 SV650s; I got it June/06/09 with 4200Km on it, and sold it on Aug/18/09 with 11200Km on it.
That enough about me, for now. I am looking for a little help. I am 5’4”, so I have to lower my bikes. I lowered my SV with an adjustable link, about 1” no problems riding, because I didn’t ride it stock height. On my FZ I made new triangle suspension brackets, (from ¼” stainless steel plate at work). I moved the link hole in around 3/8” of an inch, witch lower the bike about ¾ “ to 7/8”. Then I loosened the trippel clamps and lowered the front the same. So now you know what I have done with the bike. My problem is my girlfriend gets a sour bum, & headaches from rides longer then ½ an hour. On my SV I read the forum from the SV forum web site, and got an 2007 ZX10 rear shock, witch made the bike ride & handle amazing. So I need some help to find out what will fit the FZ, to make it ride & handle better, and get a better passenger seat.
So any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Buddy769.

Since it appears that you have the ability to do some fabrication, your best bet would be to obtain an R1 shock.

I'm not sure what year(s) have been fitted for I ride an '01. The stock shock is not serviceable to get it correctly valved and setup, so the R1 is the cheapest solution.

Penske and Ohlins have rearshocks available, but start out around 800.00 and go up from there.

It is not the complete answer, but it is a start.

Back