Need Carb Advice

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
Instead of chasing rabbits, figure I'd post here and help narrow the search.

Jetted carbs with timing advanced, modified airbox, float height 14.5mm, Springs cut and have to find rest of modified install instructions to be sure. I do not have a bunch of miles (around 30 since completing r1 front end) but there is a stutter around 4-5k where it just does not feel right.

I synced the carbs, but going to redo with a different set of gauges(carbtune) and see if it helps.

Anyone have some idea on what to look for when I get my hand back on the bike?

Sent from: GS4

Where is the stutter coming from? While throttling or in the chassis? I have the R1 conversion and rejected carbs as well. When I completed my project it just didn't feel right. My TPS was out of sync and due to the previous owner, the EXUP cables were installed backwards..

It is in the throttle. It is not cutting out and the power is there.

It just happened to be the RPM I was riding at the time while I was doing my initial shakedown ride. Nothing to spirited, in case something was not properly secured :eek:

Re Carbs

like op said check TPS, check plugs and float height, I am no expert,I have the RR mods on my carbs very happy. If you are not missing in the lower revs, my thought is you need more gas at high revs.
Hope you have a solution.

Re miss

One more thought- Try disassembling the spark caps as a last resort and you can probably cut off 3/8 of an inch off the wire. I had read this can be done a while back.

I stumbled across the exact thread this AM. It is hard for me to go check things when I feel because the bike is up at a shop 25 miles away from me. I won't be able to track anything down until this coming Tuesday.

I noticed that I'm missing a clamp from carb to airbox (secured replacements) and going to make sure it is not somehow that. I also found a stock bank of carbs that if it comes to it, will reinstall to elminate (or confirm) something with my initial install.

I'll get to the bottom.......eventually.

Back