Need a good Ninja 650 forum,,

Phil_RC_1

Just got a great deal on a 2007 Ninja 650R for the wifey. I would love to find a 650R related forum. I KNOW it would never stack-up to this forum but anyone know of a decent place to get info and ask ?'s about the Ninja?

Thanx, Phil

Ninja 650R, ER6 : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums

This is probably your best bet. The info is there but you have to weed through it.

My girlfriend has an '07 650R as well and I have spent plenty of time riding & working on it so I'm pretty familiar with it & parts for it. If you have any questions, I'll try to help you out.

Funny you post this today! I actually just finished working on it, doing some maintenance and installing some frame sliders and what not.

Last edited:
I found that one but general info didn't seen to be there. Some forum search engines just aren't worth a hoot. Wouldn't a "sticky" with links common performance be a no-brainer? It's times like this that I realize how lucky we are here.

Anyway, I found riderforums.com, brp650forum.com and the Kaw forum. The BRP forum so far seems the best organized and easy to find stuff.

Anyway, I was looking for general/common performance mods like flies removal or trim down, ais removal or disable, or like the airbox mod, I haven't removed the tank or done anything to it yet but I assume it would be typical - cut a larger breather hole, remap the fuel.

My wife has a 2006 Ninja 650R and she likes the 650R forum at RiderForums.com.

I will tell her to check out the brp650forum since you like it best. :tup::tup:

Anyway, I was looking for general/common performance mods like flies removal or trim down, ais removal or disable, or like the airbox mod, I haven't removed the tank or done anything to it yet but I assume it would be typical - cut a larger breather hole, remap the fuel.

Having ridden the bike quite a lot I'd say the first thing it needs is suspension, it's pretty poor. The motor is actually quite nice and has a lot of mid-range plus you should see 50MPG with it in stock form. Coupled with the fact it's a parallel twin and sounds like shit, opening up the intake and exhaust would just exacerbate the awful noise it makes. ;)

FWIW :)

Having ridden the bike quite a lot I'd say the first thing it needs is suspension, it's pretty poor. The motor is actually quite nice and has a lot of mid-range plus you should see 50MPG with it in stock form.

The few miles I've ridden it, I have to agree. It's stouter then I thought it would be.

Coupled with the fact it's a parallel twin and sounds like shit, opening up the intake and exhaust would just exacerbate the awful noise it makes. ;)

FWIW :)

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

I hadn't thought about that! Maybe I'll leave this one alone,,,,,,,,,,,,, NEAH! not a chance of that!

Back