NCBIKE 2013 video and report

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
I'll just start you guys with some video. Not my best riding but its the first riding on pavement I've done this year period. The last minute of the video has my biggest OH SHIT moment to date. Riders down, no flag out, dirt across the track and my buddy Matt crossing my path.

More to come.
NCBIKE March 10 2013 - YouTube

Okay, I played it 3 times already. At 1:59 and 7:21 I'm thinking that some "hardware" was dragging??? Nice riding pal. Your lines were good. Should get sharper as the season progresses. Whoever was the rider in front of you up until 4 minutes (not the red shirt), had really nice lines as did the guy who comes in at about 6 minutes. I like that track layout and it didn't look too crowded. How many guys were on the track in your group??

there was like 15 in the group on Sunday. No I'm not dragging hard parts. with the way that bike is set up, if something is dragging, I'm crashing.

No way. I just listened again. It's the same lefthander all the time. Listen at 8:47 buddy. Definitely dragging something. 100% confirmed. Check it out. You can even hear it "let up" as you stand the bike up a bit.

If I lived closer to a track and could find a leather suit big enough to fit over my fat belly, I might do that, regardless of the laughs and looks. :woot: :sport12:

Great run! Unsure about the guy's motive for crossing over you at the end... could have ruined a great day!

Looks like an awesome time and thanks for sharing!

NCBIKE is a vehicle testing facility so all of the turns are pretty flat and constant radius. There are a few at the end that have a little elevation change in the middle but its a great track for a first track day. My first track day was CMP in south carolina then I did VIR south and NCBIKE was much easier to ride and much less scary for me when there are lots of bikes around.

BTW, some org's like NESBA will rent you track suits for $50 which is what I did before I decided I liked track days enough to invest in a set of my own.:sport12:

Its hard to say if it would have a effect on your riding or not. I'll ask what the guys who tech the bike prior to letting them on trake feel about it as well. I dont think the have a stretched bike rule but then I havent seen one on the track before either...

A little fatigue. Its the first time I've been on 2 wheels since November. This track doesnt allow you a lot of time in the saddle to recover. No suspension shortcomings. This was the first run of my new Ohlins 25mm cartridges up front and ohlins out back. Double gold.

Back