Naming my '09

OK, this will be weard to some but important to me. I started naming my bikes several years ago after a girl friend was so jealous of it. All was good, Connie for the Concours, STacey for the ST1300. Upon selling my TL (Scarlet)to my son, and trading STacey for the FZ, I couldn't find a name that fit her. All bikes are female, I think. Last weekend it finally came to me; Raven. Did the Chinese translation, buddy made up the decal, she is officially named. You will not believe how much better she runs and handles after such a simple, yet important, mod. Time and money well spent!! That all said, I have owned Raven a year now, my favorite of all the above, the best of all worlds, I think.........Bill

take her to a bike show: " fellas,i said fellas, if you'll direct yourself to the middle, we've got raven on the main stage, that's sexy, naked fz1 raven on the main stage, with scarlett and stacey on the satellite stages!"

I never seem to have one long enough to feel the need to apply a name. Usually I just refer to my bikes as "the bike", or it's model, and right now I just call it the FZ seeing how I have another motorcycle and a bicycle.

While I was waiting for my tags to come in I told my wife as well as others I wanted to get a vanity plate and name it "Beast". So anyway when my plates came in the DMV help me out. My Number is '666' close enough for me. The "Beast" has been named.:smoking:

Now that the MIVV is on it I think I'll call her "Banshee". My neighbors may have other names for it, but I'll try to be considerate.:innocent0002:

Mine is Baby, like the cave lion in Jean Auel's Valley of the Horses, for the big jump in performance from my VX to the FZ.

My bike is male. I chose to go against convention because I am not male and think if you are not male, your mode of transportation should be male...unless of course one doesn't mind female.

Mine is Baby, like the cave lion in Jean Auel's Valley of the Horses, for the big jump in performance from my VX to the FZ.

My bike is male. I chose to go against convention because I am not male and think if you are not male, your mode of transportation should be male...unless of course one doesn't mind female.

a true equal opportunity lender!

Thanks;

For the feedback, a little apprehensive to pjspin0331, lol. No offense to the WolfTamer. It seems like all the Concours owners named their bikes(I had mine for almost 8 yrs.) and kept them for a long time, about the same with the ST group. The TL's are "rare" enough, they seem to be the same. I am quickly getting more attached to 'Raven' than the other three. I think the best all-around bike I have ever owned. Of course, I spent years on Harleys, another can of worms, better not open. Again, thanks for the feedback and sense of humor......Bill

Hi WolfTamer, nice video's, if my laptop wasn't being retarded I'd watch all of them, ughhh. Anyway, I live in Mass and will be flying to Fort Oglethorpe to pick up my first FZ1 and 09. I'll be getting it April 12th, can't wait. I'll be driving from there to Lawrencville for 2 days of Cisco classes and then driving the bike home to Mass. Hope your doing well, and riding fast:)

Bob

Back