Naked USD FZ1-03 model

Ondrecz

Hi all!
I just wanted to share couple of photos of my freshly finished project.
I have done the fork conversion before, so this time wanted to do a bit more to the bike.
Yokes are made to suit my taste:eek:)
Radial brake pump
28mm handlebars
Carbon rear underseat part
Ohlins rear shock - Aprilia RSV Mille
Bellypan
Rear hugger
Bagster tank cover
Radiator cover
Exhaust can
LSL footrests
Rack - original yamaha acc.

I still plan some more changes - more comfortable seat (not Corbin), maybe different fairing..winters are long here:eek:))
Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

OnDre

Last edited:
New pictures with carbon rear fairing and front fender.
I'm going to change the callipers next week..for gold spotted just for the looks:eek:) Front only as rear was probably never made?!

Cheers
OnDre

Last edited:
Headlight fairing is aftermarket, fighter part from FiveStar, mirrors are not expensive also aftermarket with indicators (cca 60 USD/pair). They actually work very well!
I'm thinking of diffrent headlight for next year so this will be for sale, if anyone is interested, let me know.
Also new will be the forks - I just won R1-03 black forks with Ohlins springs:eek:))..need some work so I'll leave these for next year as well:eek:)
Will keep you updated.
Cheers
OnDre

Nice! Want to remove my plastic and change out the headlight for the European single. And I have been to Prague. It does get cold there but still a fabulous place to ride.

New pictures with carbon rear fairing and front fender.
I'm going to change the callipers next week..for gold spotted just for the looks:eek:) Front only as rear was probably never made?!

Cheers
OnDre

Looks excellent!

Out of curiosity; where did you purchase the carbon rear fairing?

Thanks for positive comments..
Carbon rear part comes from Germany and can be found on flbay de.

Installed:
carbon BOS slip-on
gold callipers from R1
CNC gearshift

That would be enough for this year!
Planning some engine mods over the winter and different exhaust - Akrapovic headers with IXIL- dual pipes..together with black forks (Ohlins springs) and a bit of coloring, it will be perfect..and still fairly original.

OnDre

Last edited:
update

I've fitted CF side covers. These are original plastic covers covered with CF sheet:eek:))
Just for the looks..I know
BUT, I'm going to put on black R1 forks with Ohlins springs tomorrow. Twin D&D exhaust, hopefully will be fitted soon:eek:)

Last edited:
I've fitted CF side covers. These are original plastic covers covered with CF sheet:eek:))
Just for the looks..I know
BUT, I'm going to put black R1 forks with Ohlins springs tomorrow. Twin D&D exhaust, hopefully will be fitted soon:eek:)

Bike is looking good so far. I like your cf covered parts. They came out great and the twin exhaust will definitely be unique :tup:

Dual Exhaust D&D

..you right, I haven't seen them on many bikes.
Comes from Kawa ZX-10r..should fit Fazer as well!?!

Last edited:
update

..R1 03 forks fitted:tup:
easy job, great difference in looks.
They are a lot shorter than R1 98-99 forks, so I dropped them down in yokes to compensate the lenght.

Last edited:
Yoshi fitted:eek:))

I'm still trying to find the best option on the exhaust.
Yoshimura GPII (originally GSXR1000-K7) was easy job to fit with cca 15 cm of straight midpipe..no mods on the can.
Titanium is very light and the sound...hmm, it's very different from what I've ever heard!!

Last edited:
Where did you get the headlight brackets? Will they work on factory forks? I am looking to put a single headlight on the front of my gen 1 first then put r1 forks on later. I dont want to buy two sets of brackets if at all avoidable.

Thanks!

Bagster fitted

I just fitted Bagster black cover..no more Bee, I guess?! : oops:
Again, takes minutes and gives totally diffrent look.

CNC machined hedlight brackets are made to fit certain fork diameter. As originals have 43mm and R1 50mm, you can never use the same ones for both!
Only option would be rubber brackets used with cheap (light) fighter fairings?!

Well, thanks..I think so too:eek:))...combination of carbon with matt black looks great. I would have to take the cover off the tank, when going for MOT as the color in my papers is still "yellow"!?
Soon I'm going to re-install Ohlins shock (was out for rebuild), add some bits covered in black powder paint (r.calliper holder, stay, linkage, rear footpegs) and I just ordered black sprocket. Headlight will be different too.
I will post proper pics when I get further.

SuperSprox sprocket

I had just fitted SuperSprox Stealth sprocket. This comapany is based only 5Km from my house!!
Again it takes minutes to fit and looks great. Due to the material used (dural&steel) this sprocket has it all.. durability, light weight & the looks:eek:)

Last edited:
Back