My very first track day

Thought I would share some video of my first track day down at Carolina Motorsports Park in SC. This was shot during the 4th session of the day and I had just started to get comfortable with the track and after my friend Cedric (the "Frenchman") went blowing by me I decided to pick up the pace a little around 3:26. My buddy Tracy overshot turn 1 near the end then we got red flagged shortly after that because of a bad wreck in T14.

Had a blast and I will probably do it again next year. The bike really didnt have any trouble keeping up with everybody because in the beginner group speed is all about riding style and nothing about the bike. A good rider on a Ninja 250 wouldn't have had trouble keeping up with us!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lkeymrZKc4]YouTube - CMP 6-12-10 004[/ame]

Nice vid and nice workout on the track! I'd like to get out there but I want a used bike just for track riding. I'm not sure I want to chance the FZ1 out there.

Great video!
Thanks for sharing.
I'm watching ebay right now to see if I can pick up some used leathers and boots. I found a listing of several tracks in Texas so I'm hoping to be ready by the time it gets warm next year.
Anyway - I thought you rode really well.

Great Video. For your first time you seemed to be really comfortable. I just attended the California Superbike school and look foward to enjoying some track days this upcoming year. I just purchaced a 2000 ZX6R solely for this purpose.

Back