My Top Speed

My Top Speed is Determined by:

• The speed limit. I'm a laws person.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Not a risk taker: 10-15 MPH over the speed limit. .

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Comfort level. Over __ MPH I'm a little scared.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Chance of getting a ticket. Go as fast as I can get away with.

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • The bikes ability. Fearless!

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
It's a clear day, riding the highway, and traffic is light. I twist the throttle and watch the speedometer rise. My limit is determined by:

1) The speed limit. I'm a laws person. They were created for my own protection as well as others.

2) I'm not so much a laws person but I'm not a risk taker. I stay within 10-15 MPH of the speed limit.

3) My comfort level. I'm a little scared after __ MPH.

4) The chances of getting a ticket. I'll go as fast as I think I'll get away with.

5) The bikes ability. I'm fearless.

Being older is all the more reason! If you get caught, you only have a couple good years left. If I get caught and locked up, I'd miss out on the glory years. Think about it ;)

Being older is all the more reason! If you get caught, you only have a couple good years left. If I get caught and locked up, I'd miss out on the glory years. Think about it ;)

Hey wait a minute. This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when his Uncle Leo was caught stealing in the bookstore. He told the guy "but I'm just an old man", " I don't know what I'm doing". Worked like a charm for him. :disturbed

Hey, if it works use it! Just pretend to crap your pants and see if they let you go on insanity. If that doesn't work crap your pants for real.

Hey, if it works use it! Just pretend to crap your pants and see if they let you go on insanity. If that doesn't work crap your pants for real.

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

my opinion is that, if you can ride the FZ1 legally than get yourself another bike. when the road get open, the engine craves for the ecceleration.

Top speed has never been my groove although I ran from the man a few times during my youth and somehow got away with it. Just a few years ago on a certain ZX9 Kawasaki, I settled in to a sweet, comfy 125/135 "cruise" (with an excellent radar detector) while headed north toward Atlanta on I-75. I slowed to 85/90 to pass traffic and then stealthily eased back up to 130ish. I did that for more than an hour. It's simply amazing how quickly I got to Atlanta. :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Nowadays, I try to hold it to less than 15 over just to minimize potential charges. I've been to approximately 170 on a `Busa but things happen toooo fast for me at that velocity. I'll take twisties over massive speed anytime. :stirpot:

Back