My Streetfighter FZ1 build thread

Just swapped out my tanks, here's my ghetto tank drain station:
photo16.jpg

The oil cap is snapped off, so I don't know how I'm gonna get it off. Hopefully the glue holding this plastic to it will suffice. If not I'll try JB weld:
photo17.jpg

Here's the bike with the tank on, and tail section completed as it sits now. 2 things off the list!
photo18.jpg

Just swapped out my tanks, here's my ghetto tank drain station:
photo16.jpg

The oil cap is snapped off, so I don't know how I'm gonna get it off. Hopefully the glue holding this plastic to it will suffice. If not I'll try JB weld:
photo17.jpg

Here's the bike with the tank on, and tail section completed as it sits now. 2 things off the list!
photo18.jpg

Looking good my friend! If the glue doesn't work, try and use a Dremel to cut a straight "slash" in the top only deep enough to get a quarter in it. Then you can put the quarter in a pair of Vise Grips and you should be able to unscrew it then.

Looking good my friend! If the glue doesn't work, try and use a Dremel to cut a straight "slash" in the top only deep enough to get a quarter in it. Then you can put the quarter in a pair of Vise Grips and you should be able to unscrew it then.

Dude, good call. I'm finding 101 reasons to buy a dremel. I don't own one!

UPDATE!

I'm done with school for the semester, so I've knocked a lot off of my to-do list for this thing.

When I am finished, I will be selling the bike. My band is going on tour in the fall, so having some dough in the bank will be sweet!

Back