My Sons Quite The Shot!

I noticed that when I got home this afternoon that the dog that usually greets me at the door, was lying on the floor in the bathroom, staring towards the window. I thought it was strange but I figured he was just relaxing. Well it winds up that there was a mouse that made it upstairs, I'm assuming, through the radiator pipes. He had popped his head out in the open near the base of the radiator and then it was "Go Time"!

They must travel through the walls and have routes that they use because before I could blink an eye, he was then in the kitchen. I'm hoping that it is the same one but I'll be laying down baits anyway, just in case. The one in the kitchen had no fear as he was just sitting out in the open. My son ran to his room and grabbed his Glock 9mm Airsoft Gun and came running to the kitchen. I started laughing at him saying that the Airsoft wouldn't pass through a piece of toilet paper! Boy was I wrong.

The mouse ran over to the big radiator in the kitchen and just sat there. Richie had a full mag, hit the slide, and let the pellets fly! The first shot put the mouse on it's side twitching like crazy, and the next shot (Head Shot) put the little bugger out of his misery! I couldn't believe it! Those friggin Airsoft guns pack some power! Richie was so proud of himself, you would have thought he just brought down a trophy 8 point buck with a bow and arrow!

I just thought I'd share that little ditty with you guys.

LOL...I remember having a similar gun when I was a teenager. It used the little bottles of CO2 and each clip held like 20 pellets. Packed quite a punch at ranges of 20-30 ft. I remember it would pierce and aluminum soda can on both sides.

LOL...I remember having a similar gun when I was a teenager. It used the little bottles of CO2 and each clip held like 20 pellets. Packed quite a punch at ranges of 20-30 ft. I remember it would pierce and aluminum soda can on both sides.

Yeah, I remember those too, but this one is only spring loaded and has no CO2. Thats why I figured that it wouldn't do anything but at less than 5 feet it wound up being fatal for the mouse!

I have an issue with pigeons trying to roost under this crappy deck on the upstairs. I bought the cheapest, but the highest spring I could find (80 whatever it is measured in) wish I would of spent the money for the nicer gun but it served its purpose for that given moment.

no kill shot, but has not been back since. was going to do the co2 even more money, and the intent was do move along not bury.

a headshot with an airsoft.....might have to send him to ohio to fazersniper's school....

I know, he has a good eye. I remember requalifying my weapon every year back in the day and easily shooting 98's and 99's with both my service weapon (S&W 9mm) and the off duty they supplied on site which was a 38 revolver. Now, 17 years or so later, I couldn't hit the friggin mouse at 2 feet! These eyes are definitely going. I didn't tell my son that though. I told him that the gun's sight was off and needed to be set. Thats when he took it from me and took the mouse down with two consecutive shots! What a "ShowOff".

Ya gonna stuff and mount that thing.:poke: My buddy has told his kids "if you shoot it, you have to eat it" policy.....he had to clean and eat a Blue Jay a few weeks ago!!

Ya gonna stuff and mount that thing.:poke: My buddy has told his kids \"if you shoot it, you have to eat it\" policy.....

did he say if it taste like chicken? I too have to be careful what I may/may not say for my oldest will soo be making me do the same thing.....

I know now that I'm getting soft in my old age. After my son having shot the last mouse, I went and picked up some poison and some peanut butter flavor glue traps. I cleaned the area where the mice were coming in from and plugged everything I could with steel wool. I put down a tray of poison and one glue trap. I chose the glue because these mice don't seem to mess with the spring traps anymore. I haven't heard anything nor seen droppings for 3 days. That was until tonight. I see the dog again sitting in the bathroom in the dark just staring towards the window. I go in to see whats going on and when I turn on the light, I hear the squealing of this poor mouse stuck on the glue trap. Is there a more inhumane way of catching a mouse I ask you? I felt terrible for this stupid mouse! My son ran in with the AirSoft gun and after 5 or 6 shots, finally put him out of his misery. It seems that I have lost my edge. I now sprayed triple expanding foam in all the crevices hoping to keep them downstairs with my landlord. I removed the other glue traps that I had laid down previously. I can't use those things anymore. I'm gonna stick with the poison and hope they die downstairs and out of my view. I can't figure it out, back when I was a cop I had a heart of steel. Nothing bothered me. Now I feel terrible to see even a dirty rodent suffering on a glue trap. Hopefully when the foam cures, it will keep them at bay so I don't have to go through this again.

What, Is he slipping? Richie does not feel his skills can truly be tested unless the game is on the move?

As for a humane way, a boa? (that way you are keeping the food chain in tact).

I suppose one could use the cages that have one have one way on for them but no way out until you set them free......

Last edited:
traps

I know now that I'm getting soft in my old age. After my son having shot the last mouse, I went and picked up some poison and some peanut butter flavor glue traps. I cleaned the area where the mice were coming in from and plugged everything I could with steel wool. I put down a tray of poison and one glue trap. I chose the glue because these mice don't seem to mess with the spring traps anymore. I haven't heard anything nor seen droppings for 3 days. That was until tonight. I see the dog again sitting in the bathroom in the dark just staring towards the window. I go in to see whats going on and when I turn on the light, I hear the squealing of this poor mouse stuck on the glue trap. Is there a more inhumane way of catching a mouse I ask you? I felt terrible for this stupid mouse! My son ran in with the AirSoft gun and after 5 or 6 shots, finally put him out of his misery. It seems that I have lost my edge. I now sprayed triple expanding foam in all the crevices hoping to keep them downstairs with my landlord. I removed the other glue traps that I had laid down previously. I can't use those things anymore. I'm gonna stick with the poison and hope they die downstairs and out of my view. I can't figure it out, back when I was a cop I had a heart of steel. Nothing bothered me. Now I feel terrible to see even a dirty rodent suffering on a glue trap. Hopefully when the foam cures, it will keep them at bay so I don't have to go through this again.
We had a few mice come into the shop at work, now that the cold weather is here. I used a plastic version of the wood snap traps and baited them with reeses peanut butter cup (small pieces). set them along the walls, under shelves. They did the trick without much suffering,(since it breaks thier necks). Not much of a fan of the glue traps either.

We had a few mice come into the shop at work, now that the cold weather is here. I used a plastic version of the wood snap traps and baited them with reeses peanut butter cup (small pieces). set them along the walls, under shelves. They did the trick without much suffering,(since it breaks thier necks). Not much of a fan of the glue traps either.

That sounds good. I'm gonna try that with the Reeses. Maybe I was using the wrong attractant.

Back