My new used Convertibars bars

Well, I thought I'd post up photos of the bars on my bike. I think that I'm going to be satisfied with these. If not, the next stop is Thar Engineering.

Well, I have commuted 2 days in a row with the bars in a high position with short jaunts onto the curvey roads close to home. So far, so good. I will need to pickup some bar ends, but the vibes are minimal.

I would like to try a set of the Thar Engineering bars.

Thar Engineering - Submitted for your approval:   TharBars =======================================================================================  Completely adjustable and made from stainless steel and CNC machined certified 6061 T6 aluminum,

Clean, easy and no trimming the inner fairing panels. In combo with shorter risers, these would work great.

Yes, they go lower and clearance is and will always be a problem. Using lower risers and washers for spacers, my stock bars were as low as possible without hitting the tank, but it would smash fingers for those that did not pay attention. I know these can be placed in just about the same location.

Basically, once you have the clamps on the forks, you pull them all the way up against the top triple clamp. You turn the bars full lock and you find your limit agaist the front tank cover. This allows the bars slightly closer to me and my short self. Next, I wanted them high and comfy for commuting and 2-up riding. So, I raised them as high as they went without force set my bar angle and rotated them to be 1 index finger away from the tank. The result is very comfortable with exception of my head sits higher in the dirty air.

Last edited:
Well, I have commuted 2 days in a row with the bars in a high position with short jaunts onto the curvey roads close to home. So far, so good. I will need to pickup some bar ends, but the vibes are minimal.

I would like to try a set of the Thar Engineering bars.

Thar Engineering - Submitted for your approval:   TharBars =======================================================================================  Completely adjustable and made from stainless steel and CNC machined certified 6061 T6 aluminum,

Clean, easy and no trimming the inner fairing panels. In combo with shorter risers, these would work great.

Might have to try these...

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

did you have to do anything to the inner fairing to add for clearance of the clamps?

I have a set that I've been wanting to install but I have limited tools right now.

Yes, I trimmed the area needed on both the inner panels. You can see it in the photos I posted if you look close. I removed a fair amount of material, but the uninitiated don't notice.

I know someone else who just removed them and I'd rather try to keep them just cut them down some.

Also, I noticed your Ram mounts, where did you get the base that seems to bolt to the Triple? I like them.

It doesn't look good with them missing. Trimming it down is easy and they can be replaced. I don't remember where I purchased the Ram ball mounts, but you need the ones that allows the mounting bolt to be removed and replaced with the length you need.

Back