My new plan. I'm done with the BS!!

Works for me! Sometimes you pay the piper, most times you don't :hook2:

Lets talk about lane splitting. Who lane splits and is not in CA? :innocent: Of course, judgment is exercised. If traffic is moving at 50 mph, there's no reason to lane split. If traffic is crawling, then by all means I go for it.

I do! Lane splitting is FUN!

I posted something similar to this earlier but it didn't take (unless it was deleted for some inadvertent foul). Basically, traffic laws are designed with poor drivers in mind. I think most motorcyclists could be considered superior drivers. The sport attracts those who take an interest in learning driving skills, and poor drivers don't tend to last too long at it until they get scared off or hurt. Ergo: most traffic laws will frustrate most motorcyclists. Since it is easier to ticket any infraction instead of evaluate the driving skills of drivers on an individual basis, we are doomed to suffer traffic laws even though several of them could be safely broken by someone with superior driving skills.

Speed limits and double yellow lines are suggestions as far as I care.

Most cops are pretty cool around here as long as your not doing wheelies or going wayyyyy over the limit.

as far as I'm concerned, most traffic laws that are out there should only be enforced when you cause or get into an accident... speeding, passing, stopping... common sense gets left out of a lot of situations...

:stirpot:

Here in S.D. it's a basic free-for-all. Especially during the commute. Cops only show up after a huge pile up. If it's just a "normal" accident they get pissed off if you call, they Refuse to show up. Everyone is on their own for the most part. And all considered, running nose to tail at 85mph folks here are fairly decent drivers. Kinda like that NASCAR saying,, Ah heck- it's a racing accident, just got caught up in it, nowhere to go. :) The CHP keeps scarce, I think they only come out to play if they get a 911 "Drunk" call.. After hours and on side streets, generally- if your not just sticking out like a sore thumb, they never even turn a head. Except quota time.. then Hell, they are EVERYWHERE.

I do! Lane splitting is FUN!

I do here too. It's fun to dive in to stuck traffic..but you need to be vigilant as some cagers start to behave like "i'm stuck in traffic so will you biker" and close the gap...already had a few adrenaline rushes when that childsize truckwheel comes damn close to my rightside...

I do here too. It's fun to dive in to stuck traffic..but you need to be vigilant as some cagers start to behave like "i'm stuck in traffic so will you biker" and close the gap...already had a few adrenaline rushes when that childsize truckwheel comes damn close to my rightside...
Is it legal there?

My opinion, well, you broke the law. You knew it before and after you broke that law. Suck up the consequences.

I've done the same thing. I can't say I haven't, but the law is the law. You don't get to pick and choose which ones you follow. You break one and you take the risk of paying the penalty. Suck up the consequences.

:stunta]:

Back