My new Magical Racing Clear/CFRP screen

Well thank you Sir for clearing that up. Pls accept my apologies

Ah your certainly welcome sir :)

Oh and I actually got on the bike this morning and found some roads in my area that are country back roads that I've never been down. Was quite a good ride.
As for the screen I didn't have to duck any more than just slouch down a bit today, nothing like laying on the tank :)

Oh and... first go at cracking the throttle past 5000rpm... Wow mamma!!!:jaw drop: I love that acceleration!

Ah your certainly welcome sir :)

Oh and... first go at cracking the throttle past 5000rpm... Wow mamma!!!:jaw drop: I love that acceleration!

You must be in your break-in period, if you're now cracking her past 5K. I know the feeling I just recently got mine broken in also, and woow it was down right scary for me to be going that fast that quickly, since it was the first time ever. Now I do it about once a week :laugh2:

Many thanks Scottyd for posting pictures of the Magical Racing screen at different angles. I'm surpirsed that Magical racing is the only company that has manufactured a standard replacement screen that slopes more rearward than the stock screen.

I've found only two screens that I like so far, the Copperdawg and the Magical Racing, specifically because of their appearance. Both are far more attractive than the upright stock style screens. I plan to switch to bar end mirrors and like the way the Copperdawg screen covers the original mirror holes. I also like the front view (V) of the Copperdawg. With the magical Racing I like that it keeps the factory style vent at the base and the center portion is still translucent (or transparent if you go with clear). I'm not sure which one to get at this point, decisions decisions. I'm goona have to do some photoshop mockups to help me decide!

You must be in your break-in period, if you're now cracking her past 5K. I know the feeling I just recently got mine broken in also, and woow it was down right scary for me to be going that fast that quickly, since it was the first time ever. Now I do it about once a week :laugh2:

Yep, just finished the beak-in. Time to have fun on it now :)

Yeah! My Magical Racing stuff turned up. It actually arrived over a week ago but a thing called WORK interferred and I was only able to play with it yesterday. The twill weave looks great and the screen took all of 5 minutes to fit. I left the original rubber mounted nuts in place but used the bolts supplied by magical racing as they have the same thread.

I carn't say how it performs yet as we are having another wet week. But it sure looks good!

The chain guard looks great too but I will have to remove the rear wheel to install it. I have found the original guard is a little short and allows crap to get thrown up over the back of the bike. I ordered the long guard hoping it might be a bit longer than original but putting beside the original it looks the same.

Cheers Bluey

Received my Magical Racing screen today. Its a very nice screen. Did a little riding and so far like it, it changed the air from what I had with the Zero Gravity SR screen and brought it down more shoulder level and seems to be smoother as well. I still have some buffeting though, but overall the air is quieter with this screen. Install was nice and easy, everything lined up, used stock bolts. Next to go is the mirrors.

Pics.
FZ1029.jpg

FZ1030.jpg

FZ1032.jpg

FZ1031.jpg

FZ1034.jpg

:banana2:

Received my Magical Racing screen today. Its a very nice screen. Did a little riding and so far like it, it changed the air from what I had with the Zero Gravity SR screen and brought it down more shoulder level and seems to be smoother as well. I still have some buffeting though, but overall the air is quieter with this screen. Install was nice and easy, everything lined up, used stock bolts. Next to go is the mirrors.

Pics.
FZ1029.jpg

FZ1030.jpg

FZ1032.jpg

FZ1031.jpg

FZ1034.jpg

:banana2:

It looks great on your bike!

Yea, I really like the more laid back angle of that screen. Makes the bike look better and sounds like it improves the air flow as well.

Finally fitted the Magical Racing chain guard. It looks great and fit was perfect.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The only thing is that it doesn't extend back any further that the original guard. As you can see it doesn't go past the rear sprocket and this is the "long" guard!! I do like it but I'll have to put some sort of extension on it to stop grease being flicked up all over the rear of the bike. This is a problem especially as I have a Ventura rack that extends past the tail light. The Ventura bag did get grease on it with the original guard until I taped an extension on to it. This time I was hoping to do something more sophisticated than duct tape and a bit of plastic (not that there's anything wrong with duct tape). Anyone got any ideas?

attachment.php

Last edited:

Wow Bill That looks even better than my bike :) The carbon fibre looks great on the black paintwork!
Oh and sorry I've been away since the 18th june with work! I've been looking forward to seeing your bike with the new screen!

Yeah! My Magical Racing stuff turned up. It actually arrived over a week ago but a thing called WORK interferred and I was only able to play with it yesterday. The twill weave looks great and the screen took all of 5 minutes to fit. I left the original rubber mounted nuts in place but used the bolts supplied by magical racing as they have the same thread.

I carn't say how it performs yet as we are having another wet week. But it sure looks good!

The chain guard looks great too but I will have to remove the rear wheel to install it. I have found the original guard is a little short and allows crap to get thrown up over the back of the bike. I ordered the long guard hoping it might be a bit longer than original but putting beside the original it looks the same.

Cheers Bluey

That looks great Bluey! I like the twill weave too.
It suits the red paint nicely.

Wow Bill That looks even better than my bike :) The carbon fibre looks great on the black paintwork!
Oh and sorry I've been away since the 18th june with work! I've been looking forward to seeing your bike with the new screen!

I love the screen more and more each time I ride. There is a huge decrease in the wind buffeting with this screen over the stock one. This is the screen that should have been on the bike stock.

I love the screen more and more each time I ride. There is a huge decrease in the wind buffeting with this screen over the stock one. This is the screen that should have been on the bike stock.

I shows just how little development went into this bike. It would have taken them all of a day or two to refine the stock screen.

Thanks for uploading the pics guys!!Love the screens!!Now ,decisions!!decisions!!CD screens or MRacing??Hmm!!!any suggestions?Will definately order one,looks good on those bikes!!!

Aerwan, I can only speak for the Magical Racing screen. My experience was that I was very happy with the purchase (i.e. speed of delivery etc and they give you info so you can track your order) and I am definitely very happy with the screen. It looks great, perfect fit and for me (180cm) works very well.

Back