My new Magical Racing Clear/CFRP screen

Hi Bill, I haven't been able to ride much as it's winter here and it won't stop raining long enough.
The last ride I went on I found all I have to do is slump forward a bit and slightly duck my head and I find my helmet is in clean flowing air which is coming off the front of the screen. I no longer have to lay on the tank to be out of the buffeting.
I found that at highway speeds the factory screen buffets me around (air is not coming over the screen clean, when compared to this one) and I thought I was feeling some head shake but it was the wind on my shoulders. This is why I changed the screen.

Hi Bill, I haven't been able to ride much as it's winter here and it won't stop raining long enough.
The last ride I went on I found all I have to do is slump forward a bit and slightly duck my head and I find my helmet is in clean flowing air which is coming off the front of the screen. I no longer have to lay on the tank to be out of the buffeting.
I found that at highway speeds the factory screen buffets me around (air is not coming over the screen clean, when compared to this one) and I thought I was feeling some head shake but it was the wind on my shoulders. This is why I changed the screen.

Thanks for the update. I really like the look of this screen just wonder if it will reduce the buffeting the amount that I want. How much bigger than the stock screen is it?

Thanks

Bill3508

Also the new screen is angled back more than the almost straight up angle of the stock one, I think that makes a big difference too!

Here's another pic, side on, and probably a better pic.
View attachment 3040

I just want to mention that when I ordered it, I was hopeing the new one would be bigger, so when it arrived and I unpacked it, it actually looked too small. But when I compared it and fitted it, it is slightly bigger. I also think the angle is far better than the stock one.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the pics. Yeah I noticed the screen seemed to angle back more than the stocker, kind of like the copperdawg screen which everyone seems to like.:)

Cool, thanks for the pics. Yeah I noticed the screen seemed to angle back more than the stocker, kind of like the copperdawg screen which everyone seems to like.:)

Yes, it does make the bike look much better IMHO when the screen is angled back a bit more than the stock one.

Thanks Scottyd. I was so impressed I ordered one myself, hope I don't have to wait too long too get my hands on it. I had a question about the choice of weaves and Simon answered my email within an hour or so (very impressed). I went for the twill weave with smoke screen.

Cheers Bluey

Hey Bluey, any word on when to expect your screen?

Scotty your timimg is uncanny. I just received this email from Simon a couple of hours ago.

Hello!
your parts have been shipped today!
Here is the link and tracking number to the tracking information.Please cut and paste the number in to the link provided,and thank you very much!

I checked the tracking site and it shows that my parcel was dispatched from the Osaka International Branch yesterday. So with any luck I'll have it early next week. I ordered the long chain guard (twill weave) as well. It will be interesting to see how the twill weave compares to the plain weave. I'll post some photos when the gear gets here. :)

Cheers Bluey

Poop, I just realised it's a long weekend and I'll have to wait an extra day. And a double demerit points weekend!! Oh the humanity.

Last edited:
Scotty your timimg is uncanny. I just received this email from Simon a couple of hours ago.

I checked the tracking site and it shows that my parcel was dispatched from the Osaka International Branch yesterday. So with any luck I'll have it early next week. I ordered the long chain guard (twill weave) as well. It will be interesting to see how the twill weave compares to the plain weave. I'll post some photos when the gear gets here. :)

Cheers Bluey

Poop, I just realised it's a long weekend and I'll have to wait an extra day. And a double demerit points weekend!! Oh the humanity.

Bluey,

What email are you using to contact them? I had a question about their mirrors but have not heard back from them yet.

Thanks

Bill3508

I dont want to sound like I'm knocking anything but based on the OP follow-up posts it sounds like he thought he was getting buffeting with stock shield but now he's really getting it, granted he had to lay on the tank to escape wind with the stock shield verses now he just has to duck slightly. We need to understand none of these aftermarket manufacturers puts in not even 1/4 of the R&D to develop their products, so don't always assume because it looks better based on external dimensions, that it will actually perform better.
The shield looks better indeed with the CF trim. Good job guys for reviewing your products so others can know if it's what they thought it would be, even though someone's got to be the ginnypig. LOL

I dont want to sound like I'm knocking anything but based on the OP follow-up posts it sounds like he thought he was getting buffeting with stock shield but now he's really getting it, granted he had to lay on the tank to escape wind with the stock shield verses now he just has to duck slightly. We need to understand none of these aftermarket manufacturers puts in not even 1/4 of the R&D to develop their products, so don't always assume because it looks better based on external dimensions, that it will actually perform better.
The shield looks better indeed with the CF trim. Good job guys for reviewing your products so others can know if it's what they thought it would be, even though someone's got to be the ginnypig. LOL

I'm up for tying anything. The reports I've seen is that is smooths out the airflow and its a very similar screen to the Copperdawg screen that has very good reviews regarding smooth airflow. I'm beginning to think a lot of the turbulance I have is due to the mirrors also, as a lot of people are going smaller on the screens and dumping the mirrors and having no problems. Mirrors are next after the screen gets here.

No no boys, I get less buffeting with this new one as the air is smoother past my head.
Your half right in saying that if you want to get out of the wind altogether this is not the one to get, but what it does do is smooth out the buffeting so it's a cleaner airflow going past MY head and I find it NOT neccessary to duck down on the tank now.

Cheers Bluey

S W E E T ! ! ! ! ! :tup:

Double Demerits weekend? Oh Crap!!!!

No no boys, I get less buffeting with this new one as the air is smoother past my head.
Your half right in saying that if you want to get out of the wind altogether this is not the one to get, but what it does do is smooth out the buffeting so it's a cleaner airflow going past MY head and I find it NOT neccessary to duck down on the tank now.

Well thank you Sir for clearing that up. Pls accept my apologies

Back