My first riding jacket..

Well I just got one off "the other site" a Tourmaster textile jacket, new without tags for 60 shipped. He said its got a quilted removable liner and vents that open up and whatnot. HE said if I have this jacket and then a mesh for summer, im set.

I hope its not lies and really does work!

Here is the pic he posted of it for sale.

WebDSCN3360.jpg

I have a tourmaster jacket with the liner and vents very similar to that one and love it. I use mine for temps from 75 to 25 deg F and it works great. I also have a mesh for the summer. The seller is right you should be set with that stuff.

Got the tourmaster in today. HOLY CRAP it fits me so perfect.. This things a beast! What a well made jacket, looks amazing, the quilted liner is great and the shoulder/back/elbow protection is fantastic. If I go down, I want this thing on.

Edit:

Just realized this quilted liner actually goes all the way into the sleeves. I removed it since im checking this thing out, the liner is freaking amazing. This jacket is so nice its unbelievable...

Oh and I just found it. This is the one I got for 60 shipped brand new.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/d...ium=na&utm_campaign=froogle&utm_content=25417

Last edited:
Nice Going

Glad to hear that you are so happy with the jacket. You are more likely to wear protective equipment if you actually like the look and feel.

Like going out on a first date, it's the looks that get you initially, but the substance that keeps you going back. :tup:

Yeah its snug with the liner in there, but thats great because I want a tight fit when its really cold out, and without it its still perfect. Im very happy that I found that online. Sunday is going to be like 43 outside and sunny, so maybe I will grow a set and go riding even though I normally dont ride under 50..

lol

The trick is to keep the air from going down your collar. A ski tube or turtleneck under the jacket collar works great. Then as long as you can keep your hands warm you will be fine. Just remember your tires aren't as hot either so be careful.

I have the stock Duncrap 221's on there so I have been careful regardless. That's why over the winter I'm getting myself some Pilot Powers for this beast.

And yeah, I have been using the Balaclava I got in that Fast Bikes magazine! Makes a world of a difference.

Well I just got one off "the other site" a Tourmaster textile jacket, new without tags for 60 shipped. He said its got a quilted removable liner and vents that open up and whatnot. HE said if I have this jacket and then a mesh for summer, im set.

WebDSCN3360.jpg

That is almost the exact jacket I have, just took it off a few minutes ago. Love it, works good winter or summer!

Took the tour-master for its maiden voyage today. It was about 45 degrees when I went out, this thing ROCKS. NO air gets through, it keeps me warm, its comfy...

Weird riding with a fitted jacket, was so nice at "speed" on the highway, I didn't feel like I had a parachute on my back!

Glad to hear it works well and fits! You want a jacket that fits snug. The last thing a rider wants is to hit the pavement and slide having the gear slide up and expose skin.

BTW, I have this one for winter. Sean can attest to how HEAVY this jacket is!

attachment.php

No wind, rain or anything gets through with the liner installed. I got it on clearance (this and two other colors) and it will fit my new theme for the FZ1 for 2012. :D

WebDSCN3360.jpg

DIDNT TRUST ME...HUH ??????? JUST BUSTIN UR STONES:nono:

same here. my merrell hiking shoes are really warm !!! my only problem was my hands. heres a tip, use nitrele cloves (like doctor uses)under your winter gloves. it works....shhhhh dont tell anyone about this :)

Back