My chopped and blacked out stock windscreen

schleppy

Screen%20chopped.jpg

I'll get a closer up pic soon, but that is how she sits now. The screen is chopped just about down to the fairing line, maybe a touch higher. I just rode for 30 or so miles and the air is hitting me square in the helmet/neck/chest area, just what I wanted. I'll report back with highway speeds soon.

Only the inside of the screen is painted for now, but it looks good. I have a little more finish sanding to do on the edge, but it came out great overall. I'll also vinyl the front part of the screen black, or have it rhino lined. Spray paint just won't hold up.

I would leave the front of it alone to prevent any chips and make it easy to clean. You can use a piece of black door edge molding across the top for a more finished look. This way you wont have to worry too much about the sanding part.

very nice. i like so much i think im going to give it a try . how did u get ur line did u free hand or what? is it strait at the top or rounded all the way ??any info would be great

If I didn't put a giant scratch on the front of the screen I would leave it alone. Seeing the scratch drives me nuts so I'll hide it somehow.

I'm definitely not going to just spray paint the front. It won't hold up for more than a week.

what did u use to cut it ???? die grinder?? and how did u get ur line ?? mask it off? i got a used oem screen of ebay wanna cut but i dont want to wreck it

Back