My bike has 12V SAE 2-pin connector... Stock?

schot1984

Do they all come with a 12 volt (I'm assuming that's what it is) SAE 2-pin connector/dongle hanging ready to use?

Discovered this after I got it home after purchasing. I dunno if it's factory or if the previous owner installed it...

any input on this?

Beside that, how can I determine the load I can draw from this circuit? I'd like to charge phone for now and maybe heated gear later.

Do they all come with a 12 volt (I'm assuming that's what it is) SAE 2-pin connector/dongle hanging ready to use?

Discovered this after I got it home after purchasing. I dunno if it's factory or if the previous owner installed it...

any input on this?

Beside that, how can I determine the load I can draw from this circuit? I'd like to charge phone for now and maybe heated gear later.

I you bought your bike used I would safely say it was added by the previous owner. I would trace the wiring to see were it connects and if a inline fuse has been added. I am just assuming but confident that is is for a battery tender of some sort.

It's a 2006 and had 1300 miles until I bought it last weekend... I guess someone that rides that little would be smart to put a tender on it, haha.

Just looked so natural and like such a clean install I thought maybe it was a factory option.

I'll check on it when I'm home tonight installing my Givi E450 and figure out where it goes.

I'll also get a pic...

I you bought your bike used I would safely say it was added by the previous owner. I would trace the wiring to see were it connects and if a inline fuse has been added. I am just assuming but confident that is is for a battery tender of some sort.

Bingo... I think. The leads go directly to the battery terminals and have a 7.5 amp inline fuse.

Can I use this for whatever I want? Well, as long as it's not too close to 7.5 amps...

Bingo... I think. The leads go directly to the battery terminals and have a 7.5 amp inline fuse.

Can I use this for whatever I want? Well, as long as it's not too close to 7.5 amps...

Sure, just remember its constant power(not controlled by your ignition switch) so if you leave something plugged in it will kill your battery over time(with out the bike running).

Back