My bike before the FZ1

Hi friends overseas!

Before the FZ1, that 'prior to October 2010, I had three major motorcycle models of which I am still proud to say the truth' Scooter are the first two, but it is Tmax.

After that 'a beautiful naked Yamaha XJ6, you photos and comments on:

Yamaha TMax 2005 Silver Tech "Celestino" version

1874466.jpg

1874490.jpg

1874493.jpg

1874502.jpg

Yamaha TMax Midnight Black 2008

1816969.jpg

1821439.jpg

1746747.jpg

1746750.jpg

1746756.jpg

1746798.jpg

Yamaha XJ6 Naked Extreme Yellow 2009

2602686.jpg

2361370.jpg

2361389.jpg

2361392.jpg

And now FZ1 Two Tone Yellow, to see in my presentation topic :tup:

I'm a big scooter fan myself. I've ridden a Yamaha Zuma, a Suzuki Burgman 400, and a Honda Silver Wing. I put about 10,000 miles on scoots before my motorcycle addiction took hold. I help run this site:

Maxi Scoots - Index

I believe I've seen you there as well?

Now I have a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 and a 2008 Yamaha FZ1. I wouldn't mind having a TMax. I think that would just about kill my wife after all the bikes I've bought. So the down side would be...hmmm...

I think that "scoots" are cool. I got back into riding on a scoot for quite a few months and went everywhere on it. I think I racked up 3,200 miles on my 150cc scoot before deciding to get a large bike again. I had an aftermarket exhaust, clutch, weights, belt, windshield, and trunk. With the upgrades I could cruise along solo at 66 to 68mph, and with Richie aboard, a cool 57mph, GPS confirmed. All that and I was still averaging 60 to 65mpg. I wouldn't mind having another scoot to go to work on each day.

This was my Chinese scoot that I bought for $900 dollars delivered to my job from Texas and sold after a year for $1,700 bucks! Not bad hey?! Right after I got it the gas prices started skyrocketing and the purchase price of these scoots went from $900 bucks to $1900 dollars! Talk about timing!

Here is a shot with my son aboard.....
dcp_1557.jpg

This was when I installed my Puig Windshield......
dcp_1539.jpg

This was my trunk that I fully customized with Brake, running, and turn signals.
dcp_1359.jpg

This cheap chinese scooter got me everywhere I needed to go and never broke down or left me stranded. The only thing I recommend is to swap out all the nuts and bolts for Grade 5 or better as soon as you get the bike. I think it cost me all of 25 bucks to swap almost every nut and bolt.

Wow Billy, that's really cool! I didn't know you had a scoot before. I hear so many bikers diss them but many have never even tried them. I still love them.

b4 the wife decided to try a bike she was real hot on the Tmax they are sweet nut expensive.Fun as hell to ride I would still like to have a Zuma

welcome, after seeing your Tmax I spent some time watching scooter video's.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgKoXzbw13E]YouTube - Scooter Crashes Into Guardrail on Mulholland[/ame]

My bike before the FZ1
pic_1_013.jpg

What is it about Mulholland Dr, there are so many crashes there caught on camera.
Do these guys put oil on the road and then film the carnage or what?

My last bike was a K6 Gixxer thou. This bike was a weapon but was pretty uncomfortable for long distance riding so I bought the FZ1.
I miss her a bit but love my FZ1 so it's all good.

K6GixBald2.jpg

here was my old ride before my 09 FZ1. loved the bike but man my wrists couldnt take the pushup position anymore. being 6'2 its not easy!

Thank you boys, i know MulHolland's videos, not only falling scooter in that route, there are also many videos of dangerous motorcycles falls :confused0024:

But now, im falling in love to my FZ1 and motorcycle world.......and that the scooter 'was a great experience that now belongs to the past

I think every one should have a scooter. They are fun, fuel efficient and would help keep un-need milage off the motorcycle.

Norm I don't know. I've watched it several times. His sight line stay focused the whole time he doesn't touch the brake. I don't know if something touched down or not because that back end came around really quick especially for a scooter.

Norm I don't know. I've watched it several times. His sight line stay focused the whole time he doesn't touch the brake. I don't know if something touched down or not because that back end came around really quick especially for a scooter.

If I'm not mistaken I think that particular scooter has a brake pedal just like a car on the right side of the floorboard. From the way I see his left foot hanging out, I think he went in too hot and actually was "foot braking" with his right foot and locked her up. Pretty stupid anyway for wearing next to nothing, especially those "girlie" RN Shoes, which went flying over the cliff. He's damn lucky that he had a backpack on when he went "back first" into that guard rail.

Back