my beloved warrior

I've never been a cruiser fan, but if I was to ever get a cruiser, I've always thought the Warrior was what I would get. This was confirmed about 2-3 months ago when I was able to test ride one with a few other bikes.

There is a new little bike shop opened by me called Fuel Cycles. The owner (Jason) is into bikes and deals in used motorcycles, 4 wheelers and the like. He's not a Hardly Movinson fan, but that's what sells around here, so he has many to sell. I took my FZ1 to him to get my Michelin PR3's put on (I'm not up to changing my own tires). I took my 12 year old son with me. He had a dental appointment, so Jason suggested I take my son to his appointment on one of the used bikes he had. He suggested the 2006 Yamaha Star Roadliner Midnight
IMG_1492-300x200.jpg
IMG_1493-300x200.jpg

This bike was quite smooth (my son liked the back seat much better) and handled far better than I expected, but the floorboards scrapped with out much lean. This bike just wasn't for me.

We returned from the dental appointment and they hadn't had a chance to get to my FZ1 yet, it was about lunch time, so Jason said we could take a bike out for lunch. This time I asked to ride the 2007 FJR, as I've always wanted to try one.
IMG_1506-300x200.jpg
IMG_1505-300x200.jpg

This was much better. I could relate to the FJR. It felt right. We returned from lunch and waited a short time for the new PR3's and then had a careful ride home on the new tires.

A few days later, my wife and I stopped in to get a touch of work done on her 2009 Ninja 250r, and while there, I was able to ride the only other bike in his shop that really called out to me, the 2006 Yamaha Road Star Warrior.
IMG_1495-300x200.jpg
IMG_1494-300x200.jpg

Wow, the torque was really fun. I didn't mind the forward controls as much as I have on other cruisers, and the fact that it has an inverted fork with sport tires on it (the rear was a Michelin Pilot Pure 200/50/17) and good brakes just made it better. I could actually lean a bit on it too. I didn't ride it long, but I did like it enough to consider adding it to the stable. I could actually fit in with the local crowd, and I'd still enjoy it.

I don't know if I'll have the funds to add a bike, but if I do, I'm torn between the Warrior, a V-Max and the FJR (although I think I'd rather have the Kawasaki C14). I like your version of the Warrior better, the all black with the Corbin seat and those pipes. I don't think there are many other cruisers that could stand up to the Warrior (V-Max excluded and maybe the Suzuki M109). I don't think I could give up the high end punch of my FZ1.

Great looking bike. Perhaps you'll have another someday. I'll let you know if I get one.

Last edited:
I have always liked the Warrior and took one for a test ride last year. It took a while to get used to the forward controls, but I was surprised at how well it handled for a big bike. Certainly handled better than the V-Max and the power was more than adequate ;)

Last edited:
you guys would be really surprised at the handling ,I had surprised more then one or two squids on crotch rockets.I guess there was no point for this post other than running across these pics and waxing nostalgic now if i could just trade the Ninja for another Warrior!

I just want to know why that '06 Warrior I rode has radial front brakes and my '07 FZ1 does not! :tdown:

I will say that in my very short ride, I was very impressed with the handling of the big cruiser. Of course, this was a day or two after I tried that Roadliner beast that couldn't lead with out scraping floorboards. I really could grow to like the Warrior and am considering adding it to the stable. I never thought I'd say that about any cruiser! :ugh: :rmwl:

I have no problem owning a cruiser.
I have a friend with a warrior. He has a power comander and nice twin pipes.
His looks and sounds great.

I feel like im too short for a warrior myself, Infact I like the Raider a bit more and dont fit it either.

I Love the fit and handle of my cruiser. I can hold my own quite well in most company of sportbike riders. The Max is heavy but still not hard to ride.

I have no problem owning a cruiser.
I have a friend with a warrior. He has a power comander and nice twin pipes.
His looks and sounds great.

I feel like im too short for a warrior myself, Infact I like the Raider a bit more and dont fit it either.

I Love the fit and handle of my cruiser. I can hold my own quite well in most company of sportbike riders. The Max is heavy but still not hard to ride.

I wouldn't really call the V-Max a true cruiser. I'd love a Max, but don't have the pocket book for one. I have a lot of respect for the rolling burnout. :D I'm pretty sure the Max would eat a Warrior. See you at the gas pump. :p I guess the Warrior is the first true V-Twin cruiser I've found appealing. I think I could have fun just puttzing around and, well, cruising on a Warrior. I'd still have enough handling and power to deal with whatever.

Last edited:
Back