my Base line for 238pound (17stone) rider

Though i would put this up just in case any ones around the 238/17stone weight class and wants a base line to work from,

Bike is a 07 fz1N standard suspension, stock tyre pressures and conti roadattack2's tyre's

most settings are subjective to road conditions ect and rider style, i ride quite hard,and our roads are a real mix of ruts pot holes and smooth

this is what i have come up with today after having a few hours riding on all sorts of surface and conditions wet/dry/hot

so for the fronts for now i have settled on
Preload: 3 rings showing
comp:3 clicks anticlock from full stiff (clock)
Reb: 16 clicks " "

Rear
Preload: 7 notches (hardest)
Reb:6 (starting to feel the lack of comp though but still keeps rear in check in the wet)

and the sag figures are as followed, measured from scraper to flat where chrome ends.
Front:
full open length(no weight): 13.5cm ( 5.31')
static sag (bike weight): 11cm(4.33')
rider Sag(rider in gear+bike):10cm(3.93')

Front total rider sag of 3.5cm (1.37')

Rear
measured from chain adjuster channel in swing arm (bottom flat) - indicator (this will differ from bike to bike as i have tail tidy ect but pick a point on the swing arm and the rear of the bike)

full open length:58cm(22.83')
static sag:57.5cm(22.63') <- bit less than whats wanted but rider is more important
Rider sag:55cm(21.65')

total rear sag 3cm (1.18')

the reason for more sag at front than rear on this bike is the rear is under sprung more so than the front, also the rear suffers from lack of comp so better to have a slight nose down setting

hope that helps some one :)

Ohlins damper tech at silverstone BG motorsport UK

setup is not my job but know enough to get something that feels about right, i usually do all the servicing and new build and dyno work ect

thanks
Dan

Back