Multiline Bifocals?

Okay stop laughing you MF'ers!

So I got MLB (no not Major League Baseball) today. How long does it take for you eyes/brain to adapt???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I tried them last year and could not get used to them. They made me dizzy and nauseous. So I went with the lined ones and everything is good except I look like an old fart. I hope you have better luck.

Give them about a week

The "like Looking out of a Fishbowl" effect takes about a week to get used to. Just don't turn your head real fast the first few days or you will get dizzy. After that they were fine. I can't use them to watch TV because I lean back and then I'm looking out of the bottom which is to strong. I bought a pack of cheap readers at COSTCO that I use for TV and over activities that doesn't require the vision of an eagle!

The "like Looking out of a Fishbowl" effect takes about a week to get used to. Just don't turn your head real fast the first few days or you will get dizzy. After that they were fine. I can't use them to watch TV because I lean back and then I'm looking out of the bottom which is to strong. I bought a pack of cheap readers at COSTCO that I use for TV and over activities that doesn't require the vision of an eagle!

Exactly! I wasn't sure how to describe it.

That said I found the sweet spot for reading and it is sooo clear and crisp. I'd forgotten how eyes should work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It took my wife about a week to adjust to her progressive lens. I probably need them to, but I won't go to the eye doctor until sometime in the new year. Bike parts come first. :dontknow:

I still remember getting my first pair of glasses (9th grade). I took the bus downtown to the glasses store to pick them up. Put on the shiny new specs and started walking down the street. I looked down and almost fell over from the disorientation. It was the weirdest feeling.

Unfortunately everyone is a bit different in how they adjust to the progressive lenses. One co-worker of mine just couldn't, I took to mine immediately and I have some really weak eyes, very myopic. I found that it helps to bow your head when looking down so you are not using the magnifier section and getting dizzy.

Give it time and check back with your eye doc if it goes on beyond a few days.

I don't know Pete. I have -2.75 for normal wear, -1.75 for computer work and to read anything from an arm's length of closer, I just need to take off my glasses. :D The computer pair just stays at work.

Back