Muffler gutted but...

Need some help to find a solution, i gutted the header and the muffler at the end of summer last year, remove AIS and put block off plate, ad PC5, BMC air filter and 16t front sprocket. the bike run great but when i pass 9000 rpm it backfire on decel ( large pow! ) and i can't stand it and need a solution.

1. Can i ad a muffler insert in it to remake back pressure in the muffler?

2. will a slip on yoshimura R-77 cure the backfire problem?

Does it backfire when you reapply throttle? If so i think this is normal...
If it backfires with the throttle closed i think it is a little bit unusual since you have removed the ais...

Mine backfires still with the close of throttle and AIS removed (dynotuned map). You can add fuel to the low end of your map on the PCV to reduce/stop it, but I prefer to leave the map alone as I know it is designed for my bike.

Have you had it properly tuned, or just installed a map from someone else?

Stamos - my bike backfire when i pass 9000 rpm and i close throttle on decel.

Dicko - not properly tuned, i have try the maps found on this site... were should i had fuel on the PC5? in the 0% throttle? only backfire when the throttle is fully close on decel when i get around 5-6000 rpm...

Last edited:
so far so good i think i solve my problem, on the 0% throttle on my PC5 i remove -5 from 12000 rpm to 7250 rpm and -10 from 7000 rpm to 5000 rpm and no more backfire :)

Back