MT-10 Review

So, what is actually making the mt10 that much more wild and wheelie crazy? Looking at dyno charts it seems to be about the same as a normally modded fz1. Is it shorter wheelbase? Shorter gear ratios?

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk
https://motoperf.com/motorcycles/Yamaha-MT-10-2016-979099/and/Yamaha-FZ1-2006-914314

It's everything. 40mm shorter wheelbase, 1 degree more agressive rake, shorter gears, more torque down low, and weight bias moved toward the rear, rider weight moved backwards, ~20 kg lighter..

Skickat från min HTC 10 via Tapatalk

This thing (mt10) is like owning a gun. You need to make sure that you know how to handle it or you will end up shooting yourself in the foot

The MT10 has A B and STD.
B being the ballistic mode lol

Sent from my Moto G (4)

So the SP has more modes then? good to know.

So, what is actually making the mt10 that much more wild and wheelie crazy? Looking at dyno charts it seems to be about the same as a normally modded fz1. Is it shorter wheelbase? Shorter gear ratios?

the MT10 is shorter and also has smaller sprocket up front. the way I have my FZ1 set up is similar, but not as crazy as the MT10.

So the SP has more modes then? good to know.

the MT10 is shorter and also has smaller sprocket up front. the way I have my FZ1 set up is similar, but not as crazy as the MT10.
You can have the same crazy power delivery on the fz1 with the 16/48 sprocket setup

Back