MPG mods

I just traded my 2010 Harley for an 01 FZ1. I should have bought the fz1 to start with lol...

I'm looking for basic mods to help on daily trips to work. Like carb jetting, tire pressures, and gear changes.

Thanks in advance.

i can not help you with this. i can however, welcome you to the forum and the fz-1 family and say congratulations on your new bike. it is a hell of a machine both gen 1 (like yours) and the later gen 2. this forum has a wealth of information and if it's not on here already, chances are somebody can answer your questions. :stunta]:

Welcome HD! Glad to have you along. I enjoy an 01' myself and it's probably the best overall bike I've ever had. Maybe you can post some pics first so we can see what if any mods are on the bike now. It's a good place to start. Also, what mileage do you have on her right now?

Thanks guys! I'll gets some pics in the morning...

It's factory stock right now with 12K miles. I plan on doing a few mods to it. Like slip-on, rear fender eliminator, jetting for exhaust and filter, and maybe a gps.

I bought this because I've heard great things about them and needed a bike to last me while my wife goes the med school. We will be on a tight budget so I'll get to do a few mods now and then just ride it and do all service myself while shes in school. I've had other bikes and I'm pretty good with a wrench so it shouldn't be an issue.

I just went through your build thread for the other Yamaha. Awesome job! You just have to post that "tire install" portion here on the board. Now thats cool! So you didn't even need tire spoons when mounting them?? It looks super easy to do.

Ok I'll do a write up...

Nope I didn't use any tire spoons just zipties.

Back