Moving

OldDuffer

So Mrs. Duffer landed her dream job. And as the major bread winner(hell just about the only) of the family she get's to call the shots. I will admit she consulted with me heavily during the process. My input was taken into full consideration. But what kind of arsehole would I be to deny her this. So I'm just gonna whine here because some of you might understand. And I don't want her to feel like she's getting anything less than my full support.
Where I live now is smack dab in the middle of Wisconsin's Kettle Moraine area. Some of you are familiar with it, others can look it up. The roads here are by no means sportbike nirvana, but they beat the crap out of where we're moving. If she had just gotten a job in the western part of the state I wouldn't be in a snit. I can roll out my driveway, turn either direction, and be on twisty stuff in less than 5 mins. I also have a half dozen loops in my head of varying lengths that fit the needs of time and attitude beautifuly.
Where we're moving to is out in the middle of marsh country. There are some decent roads out there, but not many. I'm gonna have to ride further to get to what I want. Now I know some of you live in places that have flat straight roads as far as the eye can see. But this is kinda like burning down a fat kids favorite candy store. There are gonna be some withdrawl problems.
This new job better be all she's making it out to be. It's gonna cost her a fortune in therapudic, motorcycling related purchases.

Work is good therapy. Go be the bread winner (in eastern TN) and call that shot. ;)

I did the main bread winner thing for years. I have two elderly parents that take a great deal of my time. This move will put me marginaly closer to them to help with the fuel costs. Once I have less on my plate I may consider going back to driving full time. It is ironic that you mention eastern TN. The company she presently works for is expanding operations in Greenville, TN. Unfortunately she's a little too high end to get sent down there. I love that area. Gotta let the Mrs. call the shots for now.

Back